“Nice hotel, great breakfasts.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel, great breakfasts.”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Nice hotel with wonderfully comfortable beds. We were glad we had selected this, even though Glendale is a bit out of the way, we were able to get to NBC studios and Warner Bros. easily from this location. The included breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day with their made to order omlets and large selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank piriac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel was a huge rockstar to my successful meetings... I can not say enough about this place. The Catering and Sales people here really know there stuff, asked me all the right questions, things I would not have thought of just to make sure I shined like a rockstar... Thank you Thank you Thank you....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Edwards, California
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed here on 9/23/10 for one night. I commute to the area for classes and needed a place to stay for an early morning appointment. I stayed at a different hotel in the Northridge area for $90 a night and did not feel safe or feel that the hotel was clean. I wanted to leave immediately. It was so worth the $199 per night for peace of mind and security. The location is safe and the hotel is nothing less than what i would expect from Embassy. Very classy and new. The room was large and had granite everywhere. The pillows and bed were so comfy. The breakfast was wonderful and they even serve Starbucks coffee! There is a mall about a mile down the road and restaurants with in a short distance of the hotel. I am looking forward to my husband joining me on the next visit. The best $200 I've spent in a long time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This Embassy Suites is in a good location for business and pleasure. We were upgraded to a corner room. It was very large with a nice entrance, large living/work area and a large bedroom and bathroom. Great view of the valley, mountains and downtown Glendale.

Pros:
Good location to LA and Hollywood.
Good sized rooms with great views.
Great staff (Hope @ front desk, bartender/server at Mangers reception, cook at breakfast)
Close to the Glendale Galeria.
Very romantic view of city.
Nice pool and workout area.

Cons:
Parking charge.
No free internet.
Patio needs updated, very bare and old furniture.
Bell boy doubles as concierge. I had to tell him about park and ride to the Hollywood Bowl.
Computer in the business center was very slow.

I would stay here again as it is very well located for activities in LA, the charge for internet service will be waived starting 09/2010 as Hilton corporation is finally going to force their high end (Hilton, Embassy Suites) provide this service for free much like their other brands (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inns, and Homewood Suites) have done for years.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pacman2033
boston
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Great hotel for families. Loved having a separate bedroom area. Breakfast included was great, but had to wait quite a bit for omelettes, waffles, eggs (worth the wait.) Beautiful, large lobby area. Clean! Great location for sightseeing (right off highway.) We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. First time at an Embassy Suites and I will definitely try to stay at Embassy Suites wherever we go from now on. Managers reception each night (limited beer, wine and liquor) and a couple of appetizers was a plus!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank turklover
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We are a family of 4, two kids ages 5 and 1, and stayed for one night. We love Embassy Suites due to the 2-room layout and nice big breakfasts. This is a great hotel and did not disappoint! Spacious room with a convenient side-by-side room layout, rather than the long narrow rooms that are more typical. We had a room with a king-bed that overlooked the mountains. Fantastic view on the 9th floor. It seems that the king rooms face the outside and the rooms with doubles face the interior atrium. (At least, this is what I gathered from eavesdropping on a conversation at the front desk.) Great linens, plenty of cups, etc, fold out couch worked well for my oldest, plenty of room for the pack-and-play. Great room in excellent condition and very comfortable for the 4 of us! Wish we could've stayed longer! The price seemed decent for the area and the quality of hotel, especially counting the full breakfast for a family of 4. I knew about the $15 parking fee ahead of time, but that may be a surprise to some.

Great breakfast in the morning with table space at peak time. High chairs were available and clean. Lots of staff circulating and cleaning off space. The line for the omelets and waffles was a bit long, but they were very tasty. Nice big koi fish pond in the lobby that kept my kids entertained for awhile. The glass elevators, as always, are a big hit with the kiddos. We did not partake in the "happy hour", so I cannot comment on this.

We found the location to be very convenient and accessible. We were there primarily to see friends and did very little sight-seeing, so I can't comment on the proximity to the various tourist sights, but it suited our needs perfectly.

My only (very minor) complaint is that I found the front-desk staff to not be tremendously friendly and helpful. Most of the staff at the hotel were great (bell hop, car attendants, breakfast, etc), but we had two separate issues with the front-desk staff where we were treated very briskly and not helped as I would have expected.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed two nights and while not disappointed, not overly impressed either. The location was good, since we wanted to see the sights of Hollywood and Beverly Hills, and the hotel is easy to get to from the expressway. We were surprised to learn at check in that the City has a four person maximum, which for a family a six was a problem and one of the reasons why we always choose Embassy when we can. The hotel was accommodating, though. The rooms were much smaller than typical Embassy, and several times we were placed on hold for a long time when we had simple requests or needs, then had to call back a second time to get extra towels. Housekeeping made the beds, but did not clean the coffee pot or replace the glasses. Overall, if the location is good, I would recommend this hotel, but would not stretch to stay there again. It needs a little tighter management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#7 of 16 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!