WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
CA
“Great family hotel…”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family stayed here after attending an evening Dodger game, and it met our needs perfect. The hotel is easy to find, right off the 134 freeway, which also makes it easy to get to the 5 and 101 freeways . The decor is a little dated, but as is usual with Embassy Suites, the hotel is clean and up kept. We didnt attend the social hour, but the breakfast was great (better than many other Embassy's where we've stayed), and makes the stay an even better value.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Everything was just wonderful, the complimentary breakfast, very clean, comfortable. The only thing, It is the evenings cocktails, very nice from you, but i noticed that the vodka that the bartender is using, is the cheapest stuff you get at a liquor store, i understand it is just complimentary and believe me, I'm not expecting the fanciest stuff out there, but it really disappointed me. Other than that i give the hotel a 5.

Stayed March 2014
San Diego, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Only stayed for a night, but was truly pleased with everything. This hotel has a great location, great service, clean accomodations. Their complimentary breakfast offers a good variety of items...their omelette station was run by a very courteous man who efficiently prepared our individual requests with a smile. Consider staying here if you're looking for a great stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Henderson, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a nice choice not far from many tourist spots in the area. It's very easy to get to and from, with the 134 Fwy very close.

There will always be safe parking, but it's under the hotel and does cost $15/day, so consider that in. Also, I didn't like that they didn't have free wifi, even after I put in my Hilton Honors number. So I had to use my mobile service.

The breakfast and hospitality was nice, but I've seen better evening receptions as other Embassy Hotels. This one was sparce on snacks but had some specialty drinks offered. I saw a lot of people enjoying themselves until the 7:30 cut off.

The room was very nice and clean, with wonderful water pressure and extremely hot water. Newer bathrooms.

The pool is on the 2nd floor, so just 3 feet all the way across. It's nice if you like shaded pools, and there is a spot of sun on part of the deck seating area by the hot tub.

There's gas, convenience stores, grocers, and restaurants near by.

I would give this a 5 rating except for the parking not being complimentary.

Room Tip: if you want less noise, ask for an outer room.
1 Thank Doreen R
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel has very interesting layout: from the room window, you can see other side of rooms (where are at the same level or lower levels ) clearly if the curtain is not on. My cousin stayed in the other side, we could tell what they were doing or waved to them :). We only stayed one night, so there is no major complain other than the sofa bed does not have good support. The location is about 20 mins driving to Universal studio.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Glendale for one night in order to attend Universal Studios. The saying you can dress her up but you cannot take her out comes to mind. The facility itself was okay. I am not a fan of $18 per day parking, no valet, no bellman, or no in room wifi without a charge (come on it is 2014). But most of all I not a fan of poor customer service. That is not to say that the folks who checked us were not accommodating( 3 – 11 shift, 7/9/14). Shereen(sp?) who officially checked us in and the front desk manager who helped us with a great local place to eat were accommodating as was another lady who helped us with directions. It was the 11 – 7 front desk shift who could not so much as say Good Morning when I approached the desk. When I asked for a local running route one person nodded in a direction toward a local park. The effort was weak at best. I guess when you pay top dollar for a room ( wanted to see the mountain vs. an interior room with lobby view only) you should expect more. We got less. It is the people who make or break a service industry.

Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Front desk staff friendly and helpful. The place was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is the usual buffet or made to order. The only problem was the shower drain. The first night we took showers the drain ran very slow. The next morning I told the front desk staff and they said they would notify maintenance. The second night we took showers the same problem. The next morning I told the front desk staff again and they said they would notify maintenance. The third night they finally got it right. The shower drained fine and you didn't have to stand in dirty water while taking a shower. Overall it was a great stay except for the shower the first two nights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Hotel Brandwood
#8 of 15 in Glendale
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
SpringHill Suites Los Angeles Burbank/Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!