“Nice place, but......”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Kasaan
“Nice place, but......”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the government rate, which was still too high. I was shocked about the $150. up front charge for "incidentals", and also the $15.00/ day parking fees, and the $2.00 @ for local calls. Those many add-ons are exploitative. The carpets were worn in my room, and unattrac tive. The one bed units had no bath tubs. No trash bags in the waste cans, so I used my own. The bed was comfortable, the suite spotless, the A/C worked well, the neighborhood nice, the view good, the breakfast and happy hour included in the room rent, the meals very good, the restaurant staff good. I liked the hot tub and the pool, and there was a work out room. I en-joyed the fishpond in the lobby, but the fountain wasted water needed in nearby farms. I would only stay there again if I got a much better rate, free parking, and no charge for local calls.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms facing the outside, not facing the court yard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Super8KetchikanGuest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlantic City area
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I actually asked Zach, the manager, what was in the water. EVERYBODY WAS SO NICE. Special shoutout to Conrad and Xavier, too. My group stayed here for a fan convention for a TV show (NBC Community). Everybody loved the breakfast and the evening reception, our beds were extremely comfortable, the ambiance was a couple of notches above what you see in the standard hotel, and the koi/turtle pond was a fun sight in the elevator. Our Internet and parking were comped because we were running an event in the hotel; both were excellent. I also really liked the Crabtree and Evelyn bath soaps in the bathroom.

But the bottom line: I'm sure our (rowdy) crowd wasn't the easiest for them to manage with a smile. BUT THEY DID IT. Not a single staff member made us feel like we weren't 100% welcome.

A++++++ to you, Embassy Suites. Very nicely done.

Room Tip: Multiple-bed rooms face the interior. If you need an outside window, you must ask.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had an excellent family stay with our toddler and baby. The room was huge, and the crib was in like-new condition (not always the case in hotels). We had plenty of room to set up all of our kid gear and still maneuver. The breakfasts were great and the koi pond in the lobby kept our kids entertained. We will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff was super friendly. The cleaning staff would put a note under your door to call them when you are ready for them to clean. This was great since I like to sleep in and don't have to worry about my room not being cleaned. My only complaint would be that they never replenished the toilet paper. I had to keep calling for them to bring some up to me. Love the free breakfast and happy hour. It's a nice touch. This was my second time staying here and would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Embassy Suites usually offer a great place to stay. However, if you need a room with double beds the website does NOT mention that all of these rooms face the interior courtyard and therefore have NO windows facing the outside. The room is very dark and confining. The manager was very helpful and did give us a room that meant our needs but I still am upset that the website did not mention this when I made the reservations. I would have booked a different hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms only terrible if you want two double beds
1 Thank dabayha
Russell T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate hearing guest concerns, and will definitely keep your comments in mind when we are designing the content of our website. Thanks again for your input!!

Russ
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel for business travelers. Great service from Liset at the front desk. Rooms were modern and comfortable and pool and exercise area was pretty standard. Breakfast and manager reception was perfect. For vacation goers, there isn't much to do within walking distance and the 15.00 parking charge and 10.00 for internet adds up. I would stay at this hotel for business.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, pa, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

a nice place to be when away from home good caring polite staff, location great , the room big spacious , view excellent , ,ove the wide windows, quietness , the ambiace the lounge free breakfast, hot breakfast , special personal order well balanced , fruits , the availability of fruits , nutritious , great for big family reunions and gatherings , excelent personnel

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#6 of 16 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!