“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
New York City, New York
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff was super friendly. The cleaning staff would put a note under your door to call them when you are ready for them to clean. This was great since I like to sleep in and don't have to worry about my room not being cleaned. My only complaint would be that they never replenished the toilet paper. I had to keep calling for them to bring some up to me. Love the free breakfast and happy hour. It's a nice touch. This was my second time staying here and would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Embassy Suites usually offer a great place to stay. However, if you need a room with double beds the website does NOT mention that all of these rooms face the interior courtyard and therefore have NO windows facing the outside. The room is very dark and confining. The manager was very helpful and did give us a room that meant our needs but I still am upset that the website did not mention this when I made the reservations. I would have booked a different hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms only terrible if you want two double beds
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dabayha
Russell T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate hearing guest concerns, and will definitely keep your comments in mind when we are designing the content of our website. Thanks again for your input!!

Russ
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel for business travelers. Great service from Liset at the front desk. Rooms were modern and comfortable and pool and exercise area was pretty standard. Breakfast and manager reception was perfect. For vacation goers, there isn't much to do within walking distance and the 15.00 parking charge and 10.00 for internet adds up. I would stay at this hotel for business.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, pa, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

a nice place to be when away from home good caring polite staff, location great , the room big spacious , view excellent , ,ove the wide windows, quietness , the ambiace the lounge free breakfast, hot breakfast , special personal order well balanced , fruits , the availability of fruits , nutritious , great for big family reunions and gatherings , excelent personnel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Folsom, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here one night on a recent business trip. The hotel parking lot was a little dark and scary but if you park near an elevator its a quick trip to the lobby. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, especially when the TV in my room failed and maintenance needed to come by my room. The staff was very good about removing movie charges from my bill when the in-room movie failed not once, but twice. They also made good suggestions about nearby restaurants and how to safely walk to them. As it turns out, I stayed at the hotel for dinner which was a pleasant surprise. The highlight for me was the restaurant staff. Everyone I came in contact with was attentive and anticipated my needs. I had dinner and breakfast in my short stay and both were made very pleasant by the friendly, helpful staff members. The steak was of good quality and breakfast was promptly which helped me make my flight. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This stay started off badly when the front desk couldn't find our reservation. 15min later they discovered that Booking.com had problems communicating with the hotel's reservation system and had faxed the reservation to the hotel. Once found, we checked in quickly. The room was mountain facing and on the 12th floor. Great view. Comfy bed. Great breakfast. Strong drinks at the bar. Brand new movies on demand. All in all, a very good stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mountains on the top floor - well worth the extra $19!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The first night was good. The second night the sprinkler system on the 12th floor went off and I happened to be in the room below it which flooded. Nobody from the hotel contacted me to let me know anything happened. I found out when I asked what all the fire trucks were doing there and I was told not to worry about it, they would let us in our rooms soon. After about an hour, I asked again. About 30 minutes later, the manager came over and said my room was flooded and they would have to move me. I completely understand "stuff" happens however the room they moved me to was discusting. See pic below. You would think they would have upgraded me after flooding my room however as you can tell, it was not. This pic is from the room they moved me to and not the flooded room. The next night we decided to eat at the hotel, we were all tired after a long day. I ordered a bottle of wine, they were out of the one I ordered. I ordered a shrimp appetizer, they were out of shrimp. I ordered chicken parm, they were out of chicken. Needless to say, all around bad experience and will not be staying there again. Did I mention, they tried to charge me for the flooded room? Going back to the Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kim K
Russell T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Ms. K,
Thank you very much for your feedback, and for sending me the email detailing your stay. I apologize again for the inconveniences last Tuesday-unfortunately a guest caused an emergency sprinkler to activate, and several floors of the hotel became involved on a close to sold out evening. I appreciate your understanding of this situation. I appreciate all of the specifics you shared regarding the rest of your stay, and will share this with our management team. Comments like yours are invaluable to us, as we constantly strive for the highest level of guest service. Thank you again for sharing this information.
Russ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#7 of 16 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!