“Good, but a little disappointing for Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have to say that this hotel was a little disappointing for being an Embassy Suites. The suite itself was a little smaller than I expected and seems like the floor plan was cobbled together.

Bedding was soft (that will always be a downside, in my opinion).

And true to form, they charged for internet. I write it in every review where hotels charge - I find it inexcusable that hotels charge for internet at this point. Especially when it's almost guaranteed that the more expensive a hotel is, the more likely they are to charge. Parking is also an extra charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was clean. Food o.k. but the area is great for walking and shopping. The restaurant staff is great. Would stay there again. Hotel staff was around but no one offered assistance unless you asked and sometime got the feeling they were looking through you and not at you. The other staff made up for this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We met another couple in LA for vacation. Having just been to Atlanta, we figured we would pay more in LA for probably less of a hotel. I was wrong. Embassy Suites was great. Front desk was helpful in every way that we needed help. The breakfasts were included, and they were cooked to order with a huge selection, including all kinds of omelets. There was also a free cocktail time that included drinks and appetizers. Overall these services would have cost a considerable amount of money had we paid for them separately. Since we were there on the weekend, there were few business people, and not lots of children, so not crowded or loud. All in all, we would not hesitate to stay there again without even looking at comparison places.

Room Tip: Must watch your view because some have only rooftop air conditioner views. They gladly changed our...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Not much different from my last stay in March 2013. Carpets still dirty. Not enough blanket and pillows for sleeper couch. Hostess @ breakfast still did not help get high chair. We had to get our own eith the help from a waiter. Parking still wasted tandem spaces.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We just returned from a one night stay here and overall it was a really nice stay. The lobby is gorgeous with a beautiful koi pond and is very easy to get around and find everything you need. The woman who checked us in was perfect! She was friendly and efficient and we felt very welcomed and were checked in and in our room in no time. Once we got into the room we were happy. I liked the two separate spaces, I was able to hang out and watch tv while putting on my makeup early in the morning without disturbing my sleeping husband. I also liked the separate coffee counter/area with a sink, it made it easy to all get around and do our own things but not get in each other way. The bed and pillows were comfy and perfect. Both rooms in our suite were clean, the bathroom however, needed some work and the shower was gross...there was several spots of mold on the shower floor and on the lower part of the shower, the grate over the shower drain was cracked and looked dirty with spots of mold, the shower door wouldn't close all the way (and I didn't want to slam it because it was glass) so that led to sopping up water after every shower). I felt dirtier AFTER the shower than before. Besides the bathroom though, the room was great. I would definitely recommend paying a little more to get an outside/mountain view, alot of rooms here have a view of the inside of the lobby/elevator area and the windows of other rooms, I definitely found the mountain view to be less claustrophobic and much more private and I woke up feeling rested and well. We will return, I liked it here alot better than the Hilton around the corner.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and upgrade to a mountain view room, it's definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbr2996
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Initially disappointed to walk in to our suite and find that it only had an internal view of the lobby . My fault as I hadn't read the room description properly when booking! The suite itself was a liitle tired looking - the sofa cover was ripped and worn in places. However the overall hotel experience was very pleasant. The breakfast was great although we soon realised that you need to be a fairly early riser to beat the long queue at the omelet station. The manager's reception was a nice touch after a long day sight seeing and battling through LA traffic.Great little pool area. Our only complaint was the charge for the Internet - per item! We will definately stay here again - but in a room with a view next time !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SpudG
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights start of April. Hotel was easily found and first impressions was good. We parked in the hotel carpark which was $15 per day, the room was nice and clean. The usual lounge area as you walked in the door then the bedroom and bathroom leading off that.
Only fault was the charge for the internet connection. Most hotels these days you are given complimentary access, its not even free in the hotel lobby. Perhaps they think they give you free breakfast and managers evening reception so that is enough 'give aways'.
There is a big mall down the road with plenty of parking and lots of nice places to eat around that area too. Would recommend the hotel, hope the internet situation becomes free before I stay again though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#12 of 20 in Burbank
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
#4 of 17 in Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!