“Frequently stay here”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
“Frequently stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed here while on business trips probably about 10 times now. It's an excellently run hotel, rooms are very clean, breakfast served is great and happy hour is nice. However, the parking garage is a little tight to maneuver and I've had spotty Wifi problems.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is the fourth time in the last two years that I have stayed at this property. I obviously liked it well enough to come back. On my earlier stays, I always had a room that faced the street, and found the rooms very good sized and comfortable.

On this stay, however, I was given a room facing the interior, and I was really not impressed. The living room is quite a bit narrower than the other rooms, and as another reviewer noted, the sleeper sofa on one wall physically touched the other wall when pulled out. It really was necessary to climb over the bed to get to the desk.

The staff has always been courteous and helpful, and the cooked-to-order breakfast is always top notch. I have only made it to the management-hosted evening reception on one trip, and it was nothing more than veggies and dip, chips and salsa, and beverages. Nothing too special there, but the price (free) can't be beat.

I will stay here again, but will definitely request an outside room.

Room Tip: Absolutely request an outside-facing room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Glendale this past week for 2 nights during a business trip to Glendale. Previously our office was closer to Universal City, and I would stay at the Hilton Universal - but this hotel is much closer to our new office.

I chose it for proximity, the fact that it's fresh and new, and because it's part of the Hilton Family that I trust. I was not disappointed. The hotel is only 4 years old, and everything seems to be fresh and well taken care of. The signature Embassy Suites lobby is lovely, and the Koi fish in the pond wise and playful.

Staff were pleasant and helpful at the front desk and in the restaurant. Included breakfast was good as well, and served in a relaxed manor.

My room was very spacious - in fact about the size of my first apartment :-). The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom well appointed. My only criticism would be that furnishings and paint job seemed a bit sterile - but that's minor on the grand scale of things.

One thing to be cautious of is getting in and out of the parking garage - for a city that's based around the automobile, it's surprising that the ramps up and down are quite narrow.

Overall I would definitely stay here again on my visits to Glendale. This hotel is good for business travel and for families as the rooms are private and spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a multistory hotel in an urban area. When we first arrived, we were confused about where to park (go down into the garage left of the main entrance). Beautiful indoor courtyard with koi pond, dining area, and little shop for necessities and souvenirs. Our room overlooked the courtyard, which was a little funny. The third floor has a seating area with windows to the outdoors - or what can be seen of it with large buildings in the way. Second floor has an outdoor pool. Room was great and clean. The only problem was that they currently have highly scented soap/shampoo/lotion, and my husband and son were both allergic, but fortunately the lobby shop carries soap. Our reservations came with complimentary breakfast, though apparently some do not (I'm not sure why there's a difference), and it was very good, with lots of choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is quite new, but the hotel room we were assigned, the carpet was quite dirty.
What is up with a sofa bed that is wall-to-wall? Had to climb over the sofa bad to reach the other side of the room.

No valet parking nor valet assistance.

We got a coupon for breakfast. I took my grandKids to breakfast, a 4 yrs old and a baby. Breakfast was self serve. There was no one to help. I had to seat us at our own table, get a high chair and a booster seat. Then I had to go get breakfast, leaving the kids alone.

3 floors of underground parking was a mess. The spaces were tandem and the guests mostly took up two spaces per car.

Housekeeping was efficient. Requested an extra pillow and blanket and we got it within 15 minutes.

• Stayed November 2012
Mark O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear PaulDaline,

Thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites Glendale. I would like to apologize that we did not provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent visit. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about your suite, parking, breakfast and our service. We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. I have shared your review with our team to ensure this process is handled better in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area. Please give me a call the next time you plan to visit the area as I would like to welcome you back in person and ensure everything exceeds your needs and expectations. Thank you again!

Yours in hospitality,
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of October, Early November. The lobby was impressive and the Koi pond was quite lovely.

The staff were all extremely helpful. I was there for business and needed a taxi every day, somerimes several times a day and they were always happy to call one in. One day I needed change for a $20 and they didn't have any at the bar, so Julio, one of the servers gave me change from his own wallet.

My room was huge, especially since I was by myself, and well kept.

The breakfast buffet was an extravaganza! Ive never seen such a choice of foods, especially when breakfast is included in the price.

On Halloween some of the staff dressed up and were happy to pose with guests for photos.

It was a great stay and I'd happily recommend it to anyone wanting a quality place to stay outside of the main touristy areas.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank pompompurinana
Dear Pompompurinana,

Thank you very much for your valued business and support of the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale. Your feedback and kind review are very much appreciated. We are truly grateful for our guests taking the time to provide their feedback and we love to hear when our guests have a great experience. I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfast and other offerings. I will make sure that I share your comments with our team.

Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Glendale area.

Yours in hospitality,

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually stay at the Glendale Hilton, but it's hard to get a larger room without paying an arm and a leg there. I was traveling with my children (4yr & 15mos) and my mom or my husband would be with me. So a suite was definitely needed.

Check-in went pretty smooth. Lucky for me, and it was a bit unexpected, they had bell service! Thank goodness, since I do not pack lightly. The atrium had koi fish and turtles in it which was entertaining for us.

The hotel was clean, staff was super friendly, close to the freeway, and considering I didn't get one phone call complaining about the kids running or screaming it wasn't bad.

Breakfast was pretty good with plenty of choices, which is great with picky kids.

It doesn't get 5 stars from me only because of having to pay for parking ($16 a night), and the parking structure is a real pain in the rear. Makes it difficult if you have more than one car.

We'll probably return here as it wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Manateegirl,

Thank you very much for selecting the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale for your family trip. Your feedback and kind review are very much appreciated. We love to hear these great stories and get your valued feedback. I also appreciate your input regarding our parking as well. Our mission is to meet and exceed every guests expectations by providing excellent service and accommodations so you have an outstanding and memorable visit.

Cordially,

Embassy Suites Los Angeles Glendale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
#6 of 15 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!