“very nice spot, convenient to studios, pasadena and glendale”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed October 28, 2012

nicely appointed and well maintained. staff friendly and efficient. complimentary breakfast in the am was well done and had several choices. I had stayed here several times and it has never dissappointed.

Room Tip: I ask for the higher floors to be away from the am noise when the breakfast area opens
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mark O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Jrciii,

Thank you very much for your continued business and support of the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale. Your feedback and kind review are very much appreciated. Our loyal and valued repeat guests are the cornerstone of our business and we are truly grateful. I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfast and other offerings.

Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Glendale area.

Mark O'Neal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I wish I'd read the bad reviews and noticed that no one from ES has responded to them. Would have given me the red flag I needed to reconsider staying here. I have sent an email to the corporate ES site and had no response from them either. Guess once they have your money, who cares.

My husband had a conference in LA and I decided to tag along; we waited a bit too long to book so we ended up not being able to stay at the same hotel as the conference but Glendale wasn't that far out of the way. He'd be off doing his thing and I could have a couple of days being a vegetable; sit by the pool, read a book, take a nap, actually relax and just stop. Should have known better. We prepaid our room (hey, a deal's a deal and we won't make THAT mistake again). The first day we were there, no problems. We weren't there. We left for the day. But the next morning (first day of conference), we're greeted with a note under the door that they are doing their annual fire alarm testing. Said testing would be done on a floor-by-floor basis and would go from 10 to 2. Well, that shouldn't be too bad. I should still be able to be lazy. I asked at the front desk what time they were going to do our floor but was told by an impatient young lady that she had no clue. "Only the fire people know that and they don't tell us." Then she made herself busy with other things. Guess they thought that our room was particularly vulnerable to smoke and fire because once the alarms started going off, they went off for hours, every few minutes (trust me, you won't be able to sleep through it, God forbid you ever truly need them to go off). The pool area was no better; the lobby, nowhere. And because my husband had the car and we'd made no plans for me to do anything else but veg... There isn't even anywhere to walk to (that wasn't really an option anway). Oh, and did I mention, they also decided it was a good idea to clean the hallway carpets. So in addition to blaring horns, carpet cleaners up and down and up and down and hitting walls and doors and up and down. It also took them until after 4:00 p.m. to clean our room and I suspect it was only after I asked when it was going to be done that it was. So, so much for any kind of relaxation on my part. And no, no manager response.

Seriously doubt we'll stay at another ES; not when there is so much competition out there. A warning when we were making the reservation would have been good (because maybe, just once in a while, someone actually intends on spending the day in a hotel and not just use it as a place to sleep). And as an aside, you do have to pay for parking now and WI-FI.

Room Tip: If you want a view (other than that of another building wall), make sure you really ask for one. We...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Beth W

Dear Beth W.,
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the fire alarm testing that was conducted during your stay. We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. I have shared your review with our team to ensure this process is handled better in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked this hotel for the convenience of getting around Los Angeles and the fact we have two kids. The rooms are split in two with sofa bed and bedroom with two queen beds. The room is clean and had a decent shower/bath. The breakfast was fabulous with pretty much every option catered for. It's 15 minutes from the local theme parks and I would not hesitate to stay again. Only gripe is that you have to pay for wifi in the rooms.

Dear RMG61 ,

Thank you very much for selecting the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale. Your feedback and kind review are most appreciated. We realize how important staying connected while you travel is and so we have just completed a complete WIFI installation throughout the hotel and a bandwidth upgrade as well. This will allow all our guests to utilize their wireless devices as well as improved speed while on the internet. While it is not free we do offer a competitive price.

I am so glad your family enjoyed our breakfast offerings and our 2 room suites. We have been trying some delicious new items at our manager’s reception as well and are getting some wonderful reiews.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean throughout. Service by most employees is excellent and the breakfast buffet was delicious! There is also a mall nearby if shopping is your thing and many restaurants and bars within a few blocks.

Room Tip: Ask for city or mountain view room.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our initial stay in LA and enjoyed it so much that we go back. We have family in Pasadena so we wanted something close. There is ample (free) parking and it's pretty easy to find. The immediate area is not the most attractive view but we thought the location was great for getting around. There's plenty to do in the vicinity such as the Americana mall and Porto's bakery.
And there's the standard breakfast and happy hour.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear OSU Buck,
Thank you very much for choosing the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale. I appreciate your kind review and valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff during our daily huddle training meeting. We appreciate your wonderful feeback and business! I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the area we will have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a nice quiet hotel to help relax in the bustling LA area. The rooms are large and clean and the seperate bedroom is very helpful if travelling with children. The lobby has a great Koi pond with tutles and is very serene. The free breakfasts are top notch, you can get anything you would like basically to order. I have never stayed at another hotel with better complimentary breakfasts. I stay here every time I visit LA.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here for 2 nights while in the area visiting family. The rooms are large and well appointed (fluffy towels, nice amenities, microwave, refrigerator). They have a free made-to-order breakfast, and a manager's reception each night, complete with appetizers and free drinks. The staff is very friendly and helpful (I learned later that they are rewarded for being so-something more hotels should do). On the down side, they have limited cable TV stations, you have to pay $15/night for parking, internet connectivity is not free (though they have a good 3G/4G signal from the hotel, so that may eliminate the need for WiFi). Also, the bathroom was not as clean as it could be, and there were dust bunnies around the rest of the suite. Even with all the downsides, we will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
Hilton Garden Inn Burbank Downtown
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
#4 of 18 in Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!