This was my first time staying at the ESLA, and it is a very nice hotel. I was there for business for two nights, and was upgraded to 1225, a mountain view suite right in front of the elevators on the top floor. Excellent location right off the freeway, close to BUR, Studio City, downtown LA, Zoo, Hollywood Bowl and everything you want to do while in LA.
Staff is very pleasant, with the exception of the front desk which is mixed. I stood at the front desk to check in for about 5 minutes before being acknowledged or even eyeballed. Once in the room, which was clean and spacious, all was well. Only a couple things I would change:
1. TVs take forever to warm up. You think they aren't working--just turn them on and sit down and wait for a couple of minutes. They should pop on. This was an issue with both flat screen TVs--not sure if it is a Direct TV issue or what.
2. Elevators smell really bad. Like airport bathroom bad. A back office admin employee asked me in the garage elevator on her way home how things were with my stay and I mentioned "great, except the elevators all have a bad smell". She was surprised, but said she would say something. About an hour later, I returned to that elevator and it was obvious someone had sprayed it down. I was impressed she went ahead and made a call and had it fixed--albeit temporarily.
3. Breakfast average and typical for a ES--it's free and generally plentiful.
4. Happy Hour/Drinks are provided with what appears to be a full bar. Nice for many--but EVERYONE was ordering cilantro margarita drinks, and the line was really really really long, as the bartender was making them fresh. I'm sure they were good, but very annoying for those in line, especially those just wanting a beer or wine. They either need another bartender or need to cut down on the specialty drinks.
5. Internet is wired only, and not as fast as I would have liked. They were updating the internet when I checked out on 9/16, so not sure if they were increasing the wireless coverage. This is not convenient, especially in today's world with multiple wireless connections needed.
Everything else was great. It seems to be a very new hotel, with convenient, cheap (by LA standards-$15/nt) parking. I'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Los Angeles – Glendale, CA hotel provides easy access to I-134, I-101 and I-5 to get you around town. Located in downtown Glendale in the north Los Angeles area, you’ll be a few short miles from Universal Studios, Burbank and Pasadena. Business travelers will appreciate our proximity to many local corporations, in addition to daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and our nightly Managers Reception. Experience the warm colors, lush foliage and koi pond of our Glendale, CA hotel's atrium. Our gracious staff will introduce you to our many hotel amenities and your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale Hotel Glendale
- Embassy Suites Glendale