“Not the typical Embassy Rooms, but you'll like it”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here during a family trip and we were satisfied. The complimentary breakfast is better than most Embassy (the same stands for the Manager's Hour). I did find it weird that this nice hotel doesn't have certain things (for ex: they had a crib for use to use, but not a shower cap). The pool and hot tub is located outside on the 2nd floor - very nice for Cali. weather and great for the kiddos.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in June and really enjoyed the stay. There were 4 of us in the room and we were comfortable. The room was clean and the hotel breakfast buffet was also nice. They did made to order omelets which were great. The parking was expensive but then again it is LA. The hotel had easy access to the freeway. Overall the hotel was nice and will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights with our 20 and 13 year old kids. The hotel was very clean. We took a room with two double beds. It would have been nice if they were queens, but we managed. Having the separate sleeping and living areas were terrific for our long stay. The morning meal (included in the stay) was good with plenty of choices for everyone. We enjoyed the evening reception a few nights. The food went fast, but they were pretty good about bringing different things out. The hotel provided a business center with two computers and a printer at no charge. The hotel advertised that only the lobby was wifi, but we were able to connect in our 7th floor room. Having a fridge and microwave came in handy. We went to the Ralph's less than a mile away for frozen dinners, snacks, etc. We ordered room service one night and found the pricing to be reasonable. The hotel pool was incredibly warm and provided towels. The only downside to the pool was most of the pool area was covered, so there wasn't much of an opportunity to get sun at the pool. The staff was friendly and were very helpful with any questions we had. They provided a map of the area at check in with stores, restaurants, etc that came in handy. The hotel was in a great location for Hollywood sightseeing. About 15 minutes to Hollywood, 10 minutes to the Burbank area and 30 minutes to Santa Monica. We went to restaurants by the Americana (less than a mile away) a few nights and really enjoyed the area there. If we are back in this part of Southern California, we will certainly stay here again!

1  Thank itravel023
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just tried to book a room here for our two girls and one of them's 17-year-old boyfriend. Closest Embassy Suites (which we usually love) to the Hollywood Bowl, but No! This Embassy Suites only accommodates 4 guests in their two-room with two beds and pull-out sofa in the other room suites. Why? Because, now listen-up claustrophobes, "their rooms are smaller than other Embassy Suites'." "After 4 people, we just expect people to book another room." Well, if I was going to book a 2nd room to let my daughter's 17-year-old boyfriend stay alone, I would have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, which is walking distance from the Hollywood Bowl - and offered great service last year. Don't worry - we won't call again.

5  Thank deborahhorger
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I book direct in their side two rooms, they said in the side big rooms but is all a lie, the rooms because I ask four two beds they gave me inside rooms looking the lobby. The rooms do not look like the picture in Internet they were built for little people, I have never seem something like this, me and my family did not stay we left the next day loosing the money. The staff that was there went I arrive were very mean, specially a Asia woman that I dit not get the name, I people like do not deserve to work anywhere thi next date when I was living they where differen staff very nice they tried to help me but it was too late, please do not stay here you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011
7  Thank Cesario0
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from 3 weeks in the states for our honeymoon and we stayed at this hotel for the 4 nights we were in LA. We would both highly recommend it and would definitely return. On arrival the hotel has plenty of underground parking and was easy to find and well situated. Glendale was a really good area to stay as it felt very safe and there was plenty to do within close proximity to the hotel. Would recommend a trip to the Americana shopping/restaurant complex which is a couple of mins away in the car and has shops, cinema and restaurants all in an open air area. We ate in a Mexican called Frida which was lovely. Also there is a road very close to the hotel called Brand which had loads of places to eat and parking along the roadside.

Our room at the hotel was very impressive. All rooms are suites so you have a good size bedroom and lounge area with a good bathroom and a little kitchen area. It was very clean, well decorated and the bed was very comfy. The hotel only has a small outdoor pool which is raised from street level but is noisy with cars etc but nice to cool off for an hour or so.

Staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The girls on reception were very polite and helped us with recommendations. Likewise the guy on concierge was brilliant and gave us suggestions and directions for whatever we needed.

Finally and the icing on the cake was the breakfast which was amazing. It was buffet style and very impressive. There was a wide range of food and drinks including freshly made omlettes to order. We were well fed every morning! They also do a complimentary drink in the evenings which was a really nice touch.

Don't hesitate to stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michellecairncross
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I recently stayed overnight at the Glendale Embassy Suites while on a trip to take my father to USC to see a specialist. This hotel was not my first choice, as it's about 10 miles from the medical campus and all the downtown hotels were booked due to a large convention.
That being said, I'll stay here when we return for follow-up appointments.
The location is super, right on the 134 freeway. Easy acess to downtown LA as well as other popular attractions.
Every staff person we had contact with was kind and courteous and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
The cocktail reception and breakfast were, as always at Embassy Suites, a welcome convenience.
The rooms were clean and spacious, but oddly shaped. We had atrium facing rooms and they felt like a shot-gun shack/claustrophobic.
Parking was safe and convenient, but pricey.
My only real complaint is with Hilton hotels continuing to nickle and dime customers for internet service and parking, etc.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles - Glendale
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
Vagabond Inn - Glendale
#4 of 17 in Glendale
Hilton Garden Inn Burbank Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!