“Like a fine Wine, gets better over time.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Glendale
Los Angeles
“Like a fine Wine, gets better over time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and every time I come back its always a great expierence. Nothing but the best in rooms, and amenitites for my team and a cost savings to our company. The " Inlcusive Pricing model" works excellent, no more lenghty expense reports when everything is already included in the price, Breakfast, All suites, and the open bar at night is Spectacular.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

Newer Emabssy Suites, that did not disappoint. Suite was freshly appointed and had modern amenities with touches of luxury. B-fast was always great and the eve reception was good for a drink. No issues other than a false fire alarm over our stay.

Location was good, 1-block off the freeway, and a short drive to DT Glendale. We really liked DT Glendale and the outdoor mall that had several nice places to eat. Not as crazed as Hollywood/Santa Monica tourist areas.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

My April 2011 stay at the Glendale, CA, Embassy Suites was a very pleasant experience.

Check-in: The check-in experience was expeditious and the staff was courteous and helpful.

Room: My room was on the 11th floor and had a lovely view of city lights and mountains in the distance. The furnishings were fine- not brand new feeling, however not very worn either. The kitchen area was equipped with coffee and tea, and was in nice shape. The bathroom had a marble stall shower and was also in very good shape. I am a discriminating, well-traveled person and I was pleased with the room.

Breakfast: I was there for business and found that the complimentary breakfast was very quiet during the early time I was there. My last morning was a Saturday and that morning breakfast was more crowded- and the food was being taken away at the exact time that the posted breakfast hours had ended. (In other words they didn’t give a chance to enter at that last moment and still have food available for more than a few minutes.)

Internet: The Internet access from the room had a charge of $10 per day. However, a “Hilton Honors Gold” member has the advantage of a free in-room Internet. The lobby has free wireless Internet access. *I strongly believe that Hilton should provide free wireless throughout the hotel*

Parking: The parking garage is multilevel and is under the hotel. There is a $15 per day fee for parking. I found that it is unusual to find free parking in LA.

Food/Shops: Directly across the street there is a gas station with a mini mart where one can purchase 7-11 type of food for the kitchen in your hotel room. However, just a few minutes’ drive right up the street, very easy to find, is an amazing shopping area with countless stores and restaurants including Nordstrom, Macy’s, Cheesecake Factory, beautifully landscaped with fountains and walking areas. There is also a Target, and just about every shop that would be typical in an upscale mall. Even the parking garage was pretty and only $3 for several hours.

Glendale: is a lovely community- though I was there on business and didn’t have a chance to explore, what I did see was really very nice.

Airport and Highway Access: The hotel is about a ½ hour (without traffic, an hour+ with traffic) from LAX and actually closer to the Burbank Airport. It is on the 134 highway and is an hop onto either 134 East or West.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JLind
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here two nights recently after having a wonderful stay last year. I have mixed feelings about this place during the recent visit however.
First, even though I had requested a room on the high floor away from the elevator, I was given a room between the service elevator and our bedroom window was adjacent to the guest elevators and we heard elevator chimes all night long. Our room is designed with a connecting door to the next suite but there is no sound proofing and I could here the guy next door talking and flushing his toilet and kids yelling over remote control.
We also never received two diet drinks as was complementary to the diamond member upon choosing a preference between points vs drinks/snacks. I had mentioned both issues the next day, and I was given a room just adjacent to the original location except one floor lower. I had returned to the lobby to get another room and was finally given a room away from the elevators. I was promised to get the diet drinks upon moving to the new room but that never happened.
I must credit Virna who was very sympathetic and helpful and had the porter store our bags while we were out during the day so that she could place us as soon as the room was available.
I also must credit Kyle in the dining room who had been very helpful during both visits and is an awesome omelette maker!

Room Tip: Get a one bed suite which has a city view.
1 Thank ddkmdFairfax_VA
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Elected to stay at the Emb Suites with my family in Glendale after to recent sub-par stays at the Hilton Checkers in downtown Los Angeles. Hilton HHonors Diamond - we were assigned a cramped interior room. The property seems new in the public areas, but whoever designed and equipped the rooms really missed the mark! Here's what was missing: no in-room safe, no in-room wifi, two double beds (instead of two queen beds), no roll-away beds, no forks for 20 minutes at breakfast. The room and furniture configuration in our room (1106) was cramped. If the incredibly uncomfortable sofa bed (no blanket in the room) was opened, it was not possible to walk to the desk or one of the closets. During the night, there was a horrific raw sewage smell coming through the air vents. The front desk staff said they did not have an alternate room available for our family of four, so they sent maintenance up to "close the vent.' When maintenance did arrive, the guy stated that he had gone up on the roof and turned on the exhaust fan, so the smell should go away. He then came into the room and held a tissue to a ceiling vent to show me the air suction out of the room. This seemed to alleviate the problem, although the initial problem wrecked a good night's sleep. Other irritants: both mornings at the breakfast buffet, orders at the egg/pancake/waffle grill were mixed up leaving people needing to re-order their item; my daughter had difficulty sleeping because in our interior (lobby facing) room, she could hear the elevators chime every time they reached the main floor; $15 per night self parking fee. Bottom line for me (on business) and our family on vacation, we will never stay at this property again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JonesUSA
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Very nice staff, The hotel looked good and flourished with lovely stylish touches through out, but not it is not designed for the the Business traveler's convenience. Only two small draws in the bedroom. Loads of drawers in the living room. At first I though they reversed the TV furniture in the rooms, and they may have been planned the other way around but found they didn't fit? The Bedroom closet placement eats up the space another dresser could have gone,

Yes the furniture as a bathroom vanity is very trendy @ home, but not at the expense of surface space for important toiletries. Nice shower stall, only one tiny corner shelf and at the expense of any Towel bars. Could I reach the toilet paper roll on the wall without being a cirque du soleil performer? Nope.

I find the need to be trendy at the sacrifice of the people who pay to use the space.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

A frequent Pasadena area visitor, we decided to stay at the Embassy Suites in Glendale for a change.

This hotel has it's positives and negatives. The positive is a clean, quiet and relaxed hotel with comfortable beds and the delicious breakfast that comes in the morning. The negative is $15 per day self parking, rooms are a bit cramped and if you leave something in the room as we did, good luck getting it back. We notified the hotel within 2 hours of our departure of a left behind article, and you guessed it, it could not be found.

We recommend the interior rooms to avoid the traffic from outside.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale & Executive Meeting CTR
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,843 reviews
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 15 in Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!