Valley of the Moon at Madrone Estate Winery
Awesome visit!

Reviewed March 10, 2019
eringustaf
Albert Lea, Minnesota
Magical Wine Paired Dinner!

Reviewed December 30, 2018
Bonnie F
Cincinnati, Ohio

All reviews chef sam pinot blanc wood fired oven amazing cheese special guests tasting room charcuterie board wine and food pairing wine club sonoma napa our tour guide bocce ball hidden gem wine country james patio purchase
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We visited several wineries as part of our Sonoma Wine Trolley Tour, and unfortunately, this was our least favorite. Even though the tasting room and winery were virtually deserted, we were not treated like special guests, which had been the case at other wineries like Ravenswood and Buena Vista. The wines were fine, but we did not purchase any of their wines. We purchased wines at the other 3 wineries we visited that day, which should tell you something. Honestly, we would have been fine skipping Madrone. I hope you have a better experience.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019

Adrian gave us the 5 start treatment when we visited. He explained the wine, suggested other wines we might like, and had us laughing. Thank you for a great visit Adrian!

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank eringustaf
Reviewed December 30, 2018

We were on a bi-annual Mothers/Daughters trip to Sonoma County and had yet to do a dinner and wine pairing. We stumbled upon the Kitchen Block dinner tasting via Trip Advisor and we were unsure what we might actually experience. We arrived on a Sunday evening at 6 pm (with a reservation). The night was already pitch black but as we pulled into the driveway, we could see white string lights beyond the tasting room. James greeted our party of 8 and took us outside where we met Chef Sam in front of a wood-fired oven in an outdoor kitchen which we overlooked from our long table pre-set with wine glasses and plates for our 4-course (yes, 4!) wine paired dinner. We were the only ones there that evening so it was an exquisite and private dinner just for us! Chef Sam prepared special dishes from family recipes and along with James, guided us through the pairings. There was so much food and wine...not a typical slim pairing. It was simply magical! We have been to San Francisco to many "hot spot" restaurants and Chef Sam could easily be part of that scene. But, the real magic happens in this spot, surrounded by the vineyard/vines, open to the night sky, with amazing food, wine, and company. We all bought wine to take home and as we open each bottle we reminisce about that amazing night.

4  Thank Bonnie F
Reviewed November 20, 2018

I stopped by over the smoky weekend to get out of the conditions. James helped us out and we sampled a few of their selections including the 2014 Chardonnay, which was fantastic. James' knowledge of wine and enthusiasm was a very welcome change from the attitude I often feel at other places. He explains so much about each wine and does it without making you feel stupid. I wish we had time to try the food, but we had places to be. Next time for sure.

4  Thank Mike C
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

I love this winery! Great wine, great people, and beautiful winery!!

Been here many times to just lounge and relax. It's also a great spot for walks! (Pet friendly!)

I truly enjoyed my most recent experience here. I went in by myself for a food and wine pairing that I was recommonded to do so by the tasting room manager, James. Boy, did they treat me!!

Chef Sam, absolutely talented! Food was amazing! James, the tasting room manager, was phenomenal. So attentive and friendly. I couldn't have asked for better service!

I went for a long walk in the vineyards after my meal and it was so lovely. I took quite a while and I loved the fact that I was not rushed. I love the staff and the environment. I highly recommend it!

4  Thank leilani1203