Checking in, we were treated sort of like second class citizens becuase we'd booked through hotels.com. It was strange (but not the first time that'd happened booking that way).
They welcomed us with wine and cheese on the veranda, which was nice, and "home made" cookies which were hard as rocks. The pool looked nice, but the hot tub was broken.
The room we got was nice, but the linens (which were supposed to be 400 thread count) were rough. The bathroom was not clean -- there were streaks of something coming down the wall. When I called to let them know - they never said "sorry", though they tried to clean it while we were at dinner.
The breakfast was not included -- and for $15 each - was not great. The brioche (which is supposed to be soft and delicate) couldn't even be cut into with a fork. The toast was cooked so well done, it was hard to bite into! When I asked for a more lightly toasted piece, they seemed annoyed. While open kitchens can be cool, their idea of it was a bit strange. This (what would have been) tranquil dining room was filled with the sounds of the chef instructing her staff on this and that.
They never asked "how was your stay" at check out ... else I would have told them the same thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, the Gaige House feels like a secret hideaway. Of course, it's not really a secret; the Gaige House is regularly recommended in Michelin and other guides, and has been listed repeatedly in Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List of the top hotels in the world. Gaige House is part of the prestigious Four Sisters Inns collection and is an elegant blend of vintage and contemporary architecture. The inn features 23 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms with a modern, Asian flair. The verdant, secluded setting along Calabaza's Creek includes an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, and is accented with delightful surprises in hidden spots: a hammock shaded with ancient oaks, a miniature pagoda in a rock garden, a gurgling fountain. After a day of visiting nearby wineries, boutiques and art galleries, return to the Gaige House to indulge in luxurious spa services provided either in-room, or outdoors in a peaceful and private cabana. All guests enjoy a complimentary, full breakfast every morning, and an afternoon wine and cheese reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Glen Ellen
- Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County