We stayed in the Zen Suite for two nights to celebrate our anniversary.
1. Very clean hotel
2. Suite is very spacious
3. Nice decor
4. Very quiet
5. Nice bathroom with double showers, huge granite tub and heater for the bathroom
6. Free bottle of wine and water bottles daily
7. Great customer service
8. Close restaurants nearby (you can walk there)
9. Nice fireplace
10. Plenty of closet space
11. Extras: bath robes to use, free coupons for wine tasting (front desk), nice water fountain in the yard, free wi-fi
2. Breakfast was almost the same for both days we were there: one egg dish, yogurt with berries & granola, orange juice, croissant and pastries, coffee, toast with jam.
3. Breakfast ended at 10; food almost ran out and staff did not replace many food items after 9:30 am
Recommendations for management:
1. Provide a real full breakfast for your guests who are splurging more than $300 a night for the hotel. Hilton's Homewood Suite provide a lot more breakfast selection and their room rates are very affordable.
2. Extend your breakfast time to 11 or provide breakfast delivery to the guest's room. People come here to relax and get rested. Not to wake up early to eat breakfast. If breakfast cannot be extended past 10, please replenish your food until 9:59am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, the Gaige House + Ryokan feels like a secret hideaway. Of course, it's not really a secret; the Gaige House + Ryokan is regularly recommended in Michelin and other guides. Gaige House + Ryokan is part of the prestigious Four Sisters Inns collection and is an elegant blend of vintage and contemporary architecture. The verdant, secluded setting along Calabaza's Creek includes an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. All guests enjoy complimentary breakfast buffet and afternoon wine and cheese tasting as well as refreshing green tea at check-in, house-baked matcha cookies, after-dinner sake alongside the port and sherry. The spa treatment menu includes new massages, with either lemongrass or lavender infusions. Guests staying in Gaige House + Ryokan’s Zen Suites discover additional enhancements found in classic ryokans, such as the use of yukata robes, geta and zori slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Gaige House + Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Glen Ellen
- Gaige House + Ryokan Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County