We had the pleasure of staying at the Gaige House for six magical days in June 2012. We were tucked way in the Zen Suite, (Room #20). When we opened the door to our Asian inspired paradise, we knew we had made the right decision upon selecting this luxury inn for our annual wine tasting trip.
We have had the privilege and pleasure of staying in many luxury hotels around the world and we can honestly say that the Zen Suite is one of the most unique, well-appointed and soothing spaces we've ever been in.
My fiancé and I are very discriminating with respect to where we stay on vacation. We want luxury but not stuffiness. We respond to “welcoming” not “overbearing.” And it’s safe to say that the Gaige House met all of our expectations.
It's the perfect place to escape to after hours of exploring and wine tasting in Sonoma County. We lounged by the pool and spent time out by the creek. We got the distinct impression that the people who created the Gaige House, the staff who provides impeccable service and the owners themselves must have a deep understanding of what is means to achieve excellence, while being a true conduit for inspiration; both of which we found while staying here.
Upon our return, we plan to take an advantage of their spa services. We spent too much time wine tasting to fit it that luxury on this last trip. We won't make that mistake again!!!
The town of Glen Ellen is a special place as well. I urge you to go and experience the wine tasting rooms, markets and most importantly, the superb restaurants, namely the Glen Ellen Star. It’s a brand new restaurant in Glen Ellen. The staff at the Gaige House urged us to check it out, as well as many other delicious restaurants in the area. Our experience there was truly memorable. My fiancé had the paella (the special) and I had one of the best gourmet wood fired pizzas I’ve ever had. We split a bottle of a Hughes Zinfandel.
It’s worth noting that an evening at the Glen Ellen Star, we had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Mr. Daniel Parks and his beautiful wife. They own (with their partners) the Gaige House (as well as other luxury inns @ www.foursisters.com) and we have yet to meet a couple that is more genuinely friendly and truly welcoming. It is obvious that they are proud of their community and the work that they do.
I suppose it goes with out saying that we are sure to return to The Gaige House, with the intention of taking in the tranquility of room #20, as well as the wine, food and majestic vistas of Sonoma County. Just Go!
P.S. A special thanks must be extended to Peter and Cheryl, as well as the entire staff at The Gaige House. Your willingness to ensure that we had a magical time in Sonoma did not go unnoticed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, the Gaige House feels like a secret hideaway. Of course, it's not really a secret; the Gaige House is regularly recommended in Michelin and other guides, and has been listed repeatedly in Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List of the top hotels in the world. Gaige House is part of the prestigious Four Sisters Inns collection and is an elegant blend of vintage and contemporary architecture. The inn features 23 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms with a modern, Asian flair. The verdant, secluded setting along Calabaza's Creek includes an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, and is accented with delightful surprises in hidden spots: a hammock shaded with ancient oaks, a miniature pagoda in a rock garden, a gurgling fountain. After a day of visiting nearby wineries, boutiques and art galleries, return to the Gaige House to indulge in luxurious spa services provided either in-room, or outdoors in a peaceful and private cabana. All guests enjoy a complimentary, full breakfast every morning, and an afternoon wine and cheese reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Glen Ellen
- Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County