My girlfriend and I were on a whirlwind tour driving from LA up the PCH to Sonoma and Napa. We stayed one night in off-the-beaten path Glen Ellen and loved our stay! We were upgraded to a suite (complimentary), and stayed in Woodside, which had a nice Zen-like modern bed and breakfast elegance. The suite had an idyllic bamboo leaf-filled private backyard with 2 chaise lounges overlooking a creek. The bed was comfortable, dimmable lighting throughout, roaring gas fireplace warmed up a chilly night, the provided CDs set a nice lounge mood. There was a fridge with bar sink and requisite wine opener. The Japanese bathroom featured a freestanding stainless soaking tub for 2 w/ bamboo tub filler, stainless freestanding washstand, and bamboo towel rack. Room had complimentary wireless internet and a lounge area.
The morning breakfast for $15/pp was excellent. Fruit salad on a maize pastry, freshly baked scones, poached egg in hollandaise sauce and prosciutto with a nice side salad and fresh squeezed OJ. Cookies, coffee, tea left in the lounge for a midnight snack.
We also booked massages for the 2 of us. Reasonably priced at $120/pp for an hour. I didn't like the reflexology-it was just a glorified foot massage, but my GF enjoyed the deep tissue massage.
Great location minutes away from the vineyards, but in a quiet section of the valley.
Front desk was friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations of vineyards.
How we booked it: Travelocity. $280.00
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, the Gaige House + Ryokan feels like a secret hideaway. Of course, it's not really a secret; the Gaige House + Ryokan is regularly recommended in Michelin and other guides. Gaige House + Ryokan is part of the prestigious Four Sisters Inns collection and is an elegant blend of vintage and contemporary architecture. The verdant, secluded setting along Calabaza's Creek includes an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. All guests enjoy complimentary breakfast buffet and afternoon wine and cheese tasting as well as refreshing green tea at check-in, house-baked matcha cookies, after-dinner sake alongside the port and sherry. The spa treatment menu includes new massages, with either lemongrass or lavender infusions. Guests staying in Gaige House + Ryokan’s Zen Suites discover additional enhancements found in classic ryokans, such as the use of yukata robes, geta and zori slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Gaige House + Ryokan, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Glen Ellen
- Gaige House + Ryokan, a Four Sisters Inn Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County