We really enjoyed our weekend getaway here. Our room (a king) was spacious and nicely decorated with a small semi-private patio. The bathroom was gorgeous and the linens were some of the most luxurious I've ever encountered (extra fluffy towels, the softest sheets). The communal hot tub in the little garden setting was definite plus.
Breakfast was fantastic. Our server was delightful - one of the members of the family who owns Olea. We enjoyed talking with him. The food was delicious and the homemade sweet, creamy chai was a wonderful surprise. The lounge area in the main building is comfortable with a computer for general access, DVDs, a nice couch, etc. I loved that coffee/tea were available early and that breakfast ran from 8:30-11:00am, not just one sitting. The complimentary treats (Sunchips, granola bars) were thoughtful and when we left we were given a little treat as well. Wireless access was complimentary; my iPad was having problems but I don't think it was due to their network (note that AT&T coverage is MUCH better than Verizon in Glen Ellen overall). I also loved the beautifully landscaped outdoor area above the main building that is set with tables and chairs - perfect for afternoon wine or coffee on a summer morning and lovely views.
The only downsides were that service was uneven (most staff were very nice but at least one was fairly cold and unfriendly), parking can be a bit challenging (there is sufficient parking but it is cramped and many of the spaces require multiple-point turns to exit) and that there was some TV and other noise from our neighbors next door (thin walls). So for the price (~$300/night on weekends), the value is good but not fantastic. Note that the hotel is dog friendly but only allow dogs in 4 or 5 of the 12 rooms for an additional $25/night.
Overall, a very nice experience; we'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into a hillside and surrounded by oak and olive trees in the heart of Sonoma wine country, Olea Hotel is a small boutique hotel with unique amenities, modern guest rooms, and an exceptional breakfast experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Olea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenelly Inn & Cottages Hotel Glen Ellen
- Glenelly Inn And Cottages
- Olea Hotel Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County