Olea Hotel
Beltane Ranch(Glen Ellen)(Great Value!)
$375
$345
  • Breakfast included
Gaige House + Ryokan(Glen Ellen)(Great Value!)
$209
Jack London Lodge(Glen Ellen)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Kenwood Inn and Spa(Kenwood)(Great Value!)
$439
$292
$245
Cancelon
  • Pool
El Pueblo Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$194
Sonoma Hotel(Sonoma)
$268
$245
  • Breakfast included
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$281
$254
$207
Hotels.com
Ledson Hotel(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$395
All reviewsfire pitheated floorscomplimentary winehot tubglen ellen stargourmet breakfastwine countrychaimy husband and isonoma valleyhomemade granolasoftest sheetsbathroom floortwo coursessmall hotelamazing breakfastking room
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This new hotel is just outside "downtown" Glen Ellen on one of the two roads that convene there. We stayed in two of the newest rooms that were just finished prior to arrival. The rooms (11 and 12) are large and decorated in a hip fashion. 12 is bigger and has an extra chair (a plus). Both, like the main building, face the setting sun, and warm up on hot afternoons. Our air conditioning didn't work the first night so management moved us next door, where the air conditioner worked but also leaked. A repairman was there the next day to bring everything into working order. The hotel has a wonderful patio that melts into oak forest on the hill above; it serves as the meeting place for guests who enjoy complimentary wine in the afternoon. The dining room for breakfast is cozy if everyone eats at the same time. Breakfast was fabulous the three days we were there, inventive and full of fresh ingredients. The staff was quite friendly and attentive, and the guests were delightful--we shared some champagne with a couple celebrating their anniversary. Be mindful the parking is a bit cramped and even though there is not much traffic, be careful exiting onto Warm Springs Rd. And don't try to walk to town, even though it looks like you can--no shoulders on the road. Be sure to visit Benzinger Winery and Jack London State Park, and eat at FIG in town.

Room Tip: In the main lodge, rooms facing the hill will be coolest and quietest.
3  Thank TheOCIronMike
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a gorgeous place with very friendly people and beautiful views. The area of California beautiful and this place is nestled into the surroundings perfectly. And the breakfast! Well it was superb. I really did not want to leave.

Room Tip: There was no pool but a great jacuzzi. We stayed in the King with fireplace, there wasn't a view but I didn't care! There was another King with a view of the magnificent sunset where our friends stayed. Super.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was maybe the most special place we stayed out of the 4 hotels on our Cali trip. I will forever remember lounging at their outdoor patio, having a drink with my husband, relaxing at the end of a wonderful day of wine tasting. Then, to have one of the gentlemen from the office come up the steps and bring us cinnamon peanuts because he said we looked so comfortable and wanted to make it even better! That's how they are here. Chris, who welcomed us and showed us around is awesome. The chef is so kind and he really cared if you liked the breakfast that was served in the morning (which everyone did). It's nice because it's not like a B&B where you have to sit at the same table with strangers, there are tables scattered in the room and you can sit with whom you like. The rooms, while not huge, are really modern and have snacks/drinks, heated bathroom floor, quiet ductless air conditioning, a great TV. One tiny minus maybe having the bathroom very close to the bed - kind of hard to be completely private. We had room 1, which was closest to the main bldg. and outside lounge area. It's in a sleepy little town (I recommend eating at the Inn and getting the tomato and mozzarella appetizer) but it's in the best location to see many of the great Sonoma wineries. People say you can walk to the restaurants, they are close by, but I wouldn't recommend it because the road, although small, is a main road and I think it would be dangerous in the dark. Would def stay here again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here two nights as part of my brother's wedding party. The hotel is just lovely. We were granted early check in and our room was terrific - spacious, updated, and beautiful. The heated floors and remote-controlled thermostat are quite enjoyable. The daily breakfast and service is delicious, as is the staff and their willingness to help and accommodate. Even my 4-year-old girl loved it. The only thing I didn't like was being able to hear people walking to their rooms above me. But really, this is a truly a lovely hotel in Glen Ellen.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the only one with a fridge. But the separate cottages are roomy and superb.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I live in the Bay Area about an hour and a half from Sonoma and decided for our 40th Anniversary to take a few days and stay in Glen Ellen and do some biking, wine tasting, and relaxing. I found the hotel on trip Advisor and liked the reviews and chose it based on that. I expected a pleasant stay, I didn't expect that this would be the best hotel we've ever stayed in. None of the 4 season's, or Ritz's came close to our experience here. The management was the most gracious, the food was outstanding, the accommodations were superb. Anyone looking for a small property, (10 rooms) exceptional hospitality, must try this hotel. Not a 5 star but a 6 star rating.

2  Thank Peter F