We stayed at the Beltane Ranch for three nights in early April, and it was wonderful! We had room #3, and the couple traveling with us had room #1. Both rooms were larger than I expected, and immaculately clean. Room #3 had a bathtub, #1 had a small wood burning stove, and that was the main difference between the two. Either one is a delight to stay in. Both have doors that open onto the front AND back porch.
The view from the front porch is incredible.
Breakfast was served in the dining room, and was excellent. Everyone there went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and relaxed.
There are horses, birds, dogs, and even a cat (who thought she belonged in our room). Joe the dog is a celebrity of sorts, as he is a regular in L.L. Bean magazines. Apparently they take over the ranch in the fall for their catalog shoot. Boy, do I understand why!
The location is central to many local attractions and wineries.
I throughly enjoyed my stay here and hope to return sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush gardens and ancient oaks, landmark historic Beltane Ranch overlooks estate vineyards, grazing horses and the heart of Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Rooms feature spectacular views, private outdoor seating areas and the opportunity to enjoy the property's iconic highly-acclaimed estate wines while watching the sunset over the vines that grew them. Comfortably appointed with signature linens, private wine cellars and, organic amenities, guest room's interiors feature original historic architectural details along with antiques and modern updates. Stays include a full ranch-grown chef-prepared breakfast served in the dining room or on the porch outside your room. Cheese boards and chef-packed picnics are also available by arrangement. The ranch is ideally located with dozens of fine restaurants and other wineries, shopping, parks and more all within a few minutes in either direction. A six-generation family-owned and operated working ranch and agricultural preserve, Beltane Ranch also produces estate olive oil, grows organic heirloom produce and is home to a bee apiary. With 105 acres to explore, Beltane Ranch offers the unique opportunity to experience authentic, historic Sonoma Valley, the birthplace of Calfornia winemaking. Beltane Ranch is also the winner of Congressman Huffman's North Bay Sustainablity Award and is a 100% Certified Sustainable Vineyard & Winery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Beltane Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beltane Ranch Hotel Glen Ellen
- Beltane Ranch Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County