“STAY AWAY”
Review of Super 8 Gilroy

Super 8 Gilroy
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Reviewed February 20, 2012

we where staying in this hotel and when night time rolled around we discoverd bed bugs the women at the front desk was not suprised that we had and did not even want to see the bugs although we did take her a few. she was not apologetic but did put us up in another hotel near by it was really tramatic we had children with us and our 3 year old son was bitten dont stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Araceli C
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Gilroy

Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and I were visisting family and wanted to do some shopping at the Outlets. Since this place is right next to the outlets we decided to book it. We had planned on staying for 2 nights but after the first one we realize that our room was infested with bedbugs and I had a few bites from them. I had never felt so disgusted in my life! I packed my stuff, checked out, and went straight to the nearest laundromat to wash all my belongings. When I checked out I told the guy at the front desk about the bugs and he pretended to be surprised and like he had no idea about the bugs. He said he was sorry and that he would talk to his manager about it. They ended up not charging me for the room and I'm glad they did that, unfortunately it is not enough. I had to wash all my clothes in a public laundromat and it took up some of my family time. I will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Hermosoplaneta
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was an unfortunate trip, Gilroy is such a nice community it is unfortunate that one can not find good accomodation - I booked Motel 8 thinking that this is a large chain motel and in the pat have had a good experience............however on this trip two of my love ones ended up with bedbug bites..........one of these being a toddler,,,,,,,,,I told the front desk with less than optimum results......................Would not recommend a stay at this motel ever..........if someone there would be so kind to report this to the proper authorities.............thks

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hansel&gretel
Reviewed January 26, 2012

After reading some of the (bad) reviews for Gilroy Motel 6, I decided to stay at Super 8.
We got upgraded on our online reservation and got a bigger room for the same price, which was really nice.
The room was clean, and despite being very close to the road, it was quiet enough that we could sleep easily. Decoration seemed stuck in the 80s (or possibly earlier), but as it wasn't something we really cared about, it didn't matter.
The location is also very good if you wanna go shopping, as you can literally see the shops from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I'm a little confused about my stay at the Super 8. My husband and I went down to Carmel for family related things and stayed in Gilroy to avoid the price jump in hotels you find when you get on the coast. This place looked just fine from the outside and when I went in to inquire about the price I was delited to hear it was only $68.00 on a Friday night so we took the room.
<P>
The lobby looked decent enough. It was overall clean, but at the same time looked like they are going through a re-model. The ice and vending machines were shoved into a corner and only one was working, the fountain by the elevator was unplugged and looked misplaced, there were wood panels covering certain parts of the walls and a fake tree was holding up some celing panels. Everything else looked nice and inviting - but at the same time it didnt look 100% like a remodel so I am a little confused. I will say that "Eddie" the guy who checked us in, was super nice and professional.
<P>
The hallway to the room on the 2nd floor was the same as the lobby, clean enough but wood panels on the wall that looked like they were possibly covering up either stains or electrical work - once again I am not sure.
<P>
The room was what really confused me. The flooring was clean, the walls were clean, the tables were clean. The bedding was brand new and everything looked really good. There was a very small stain on the couch - perhaps coffee or something. No biggie. I was very pleased with the room. The bathroom was not as good. The bottom of the tub (where the modling is on the outside) was yellowed and the paint was peeling and the molding was gone - once again it looked like a re-model. There was a "downstairs" hair on the floor that perhaps housekeeping missed (yuck) and the toilet paper roll had not been folded up to look nice. I was once again confused about if this place were going through a "not so obvious" remodel or if it just wasnt being kept up as well as it should be.
<P>
The breakfast was really borring. Most places have bagels and fruit and other small items. This place had cereal and toast. On the up side there is a Dennys about 15 steps away so it's fine.
<P>
All in all I would say that I would stay there again. I felt safe and the price was right for only being about 30 minutes from the ocean. I would take my children there again too but would think twice if my children were younger, like 3 or something.
<P>
Oh yeah, if you have an option, get a room on the 3rd floor. The ceiling squeaks a bit when people walk. (They have elevators).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iansgal51510
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This hotel has many positives about it. Low price, location across from a large outlet, multiple great places to eat as a family, easy freeway access and excellent customer service. The only thing bad was we were given two rooms that smelled like smoke. This hotel is a smoke free establishment, so we were perplexed why they smelled of smoke. The gentleman at the desk did assign a new room very quickly. Hotels.com gave us the best price and would us them both again.

Room Tip: Great location to stay at if you like to shop at an excellent outlet mall.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2011

It's right next to Denny's, right off the freeway. Gilroy is famous for its garlic, you can sure smell that everywhere. Lots of outlet shops next door and across the street, none of them seemed particularly unique, though. The room itself, average - of our two rooms the lights didn't all work in one and the bathtub didn't drain in the other. No major problems but nothing to choose this Super 8 over another property in the area.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilroy
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn
#9 of 9 in Gilroy
Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy
Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgan Hill/San Jose Area

Been to Super 8 Gilroy? Share your experiences!