“FRIENDLY STAFF”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Five night stay. Very friendly and helpful manager ( and son). Housekeepers did every thing necessary to freshen up room each day. Great location for shopping or eating. Easy access off of Hwy 101. Older motel but reasonably clean. Very good breakfast facility. Good prices for Gilroy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back of motel to get away from parking lot or road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan55138

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great deal for the money. Clean and friendly, with great location. Just next to 7-11, across street from Black Bear Diner, on same side of street as Outlet Mall. A great pit stop hotel room at reasonable rates.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill V
RamadaGilroy, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Respected Guest it is our pleasure to have the opportunity to provide with hospitality. Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative thoughts.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in mid September for the Renaissance Faire. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable and clean. The pool area was clean and operational. Towels were scratchy, but that is a common issue at almost every hotel I've stayed at and not exclusive to this hotel. This was a great deal for the two nights we stayed. No issues or complaints.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed 2 nights here for a job interview, and had everything I needed. I got a very low rate thru hotwire. I had none of the problems mentioned in negative reviews here and elsewhere. My single-queen room overlooking the small pool was clean, spacious and comfortable. The only smells in my room came from cleaning products, including what was most likely a recent carpet cleaning. The heavy curtains darkened the room nicely at night. The single-pane windows let in significant traffic noise, but that is part of the price you pay for a convenient location. Some of the fixtures show their age and cheapness, but everything worked and nothing was unpleasant or uncleanly. The breakfast is basic prepackaged cereals and yogurt plus some breads and pastries you can put in the toaster. I received friendly, efficient service from the staff, who do appear to be a family. I didn't get to use the pool or spa, but I saw a few families using them and everybody was laughing and smiling. I noticed that my door did not always pull to completely from the inside if I wasn't paying attention, which might explain the problem the one reviewer had with their door standing open. An older gentleman staffing the desk was unsmiling until I gave him a smile--you do get what you give, sometimes, especially when it comes to courtesy. The only problem I had with the room was a torn "Do Not Disturb" sign that would not stay on the handle, and this was immediately corrected with a brand new one. I would stay here again if my travels take me to Gilroy and I'm on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have stayed at the hotel twice last year when we visited Gilroy theme park. It is looked like a family business. Staff was helpful and friendly. The main concern is rooms qualities. A smell was terrible. A carpet was so dirty that my sons' feet became black after walking barefooted. In general, the hotel needs to be remodeled. I stayed there because I wanted to save money. But next time I would pay more and stay at different hotels

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank vaz65
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I went there twice with my girlfriend which was a ok stay. When I arrived in the lobby I ha to call them to let them know I was even there so I cld pay for the room. They kept looking at me afterwards almost straying at me to see what I was taking in didn't feel right but whatever. It was a ok stay don't recoment or a family though

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Our room was clean and ordinary. For the price, we were well satisfied until my friend was trying to dry her hair and the hair dryer burst into flames. With dripping hair, she went to the desk to tell them and ask if they had another hair dryer she could use. They could not have cared less. Had no hair dryer, no suggestion, no concern about the fire. Fortunately, another guest was checking out at the same time and suggested that she could use the hairdryer in his room since he and his wife were leaving. Until my friend finally said "I don't mean the hairdryer was smoking, I mean FIRE and FLAMES. You need to remove the hairdyer before anyone gets hurt!" did the clerk look at all interested.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilroy
Days Inn Gilroy
#2 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Motel 6 Gilroy
Motel 6 Gilroy
#6 of 9 in Gilroy

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!