“deeeeelicious”

The Claddagh Irish Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #36 of 133 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: American, Irish
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This place is overall a great place to eat. I see the owner on a regular basis getting fresh ingredients for his menu at the grocery store. (unique thing to know- nothing is ever frozen, only cooked fresh).

I have to admit i am a sucker for their shepards pie. Its pretty amazing. Their fish and chips is also great with large portions. The owner is Irish, he is very friendly and cares a lot about his costumers.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had lunch today at The Claddagh and came away very impressed - and very full. Large comfortable area - a bit large for a real pub "feel" but was nevertheless tastefully decorated. Large portions, very reasonably priced and varied menu makes this place a winner and "the owner's husband", Mike, stopped by several times to check on things. Great, attentive staff.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

When I go into a place that has the word "pub" in its name, I guess I must admit I am disappointed to go in and discover that the inside looks like it could have been a dollar store turned into a restaurant. I was really hungry for corned beef and cabbage but I didn't care for it. I had hoped that the meat would have been hand carved from a brisket that had boiled in a kettle, but it was "lunch meat" slices like you'd get in a sandwich at a grocery store deli. Also, when I cook a corned beef dinner, I boil the potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage in the same broth the meat was cooked in. My veggies were not, and thus were very bland and somewhat on the dry, undercooked side. They had no flavor so I doused them with lots of mustard.

My dining companions were rather disappointed, too, with their dinners. I understand that many Irish dishes are not seasoned very much, so perhaps this was just very authentic food and I shouldn't crab about it.

The owners couldn't have been nicer, though, so I really hope they have a successful venture. I would go back JUST to support them and their business, but not for the food or the atmosphere.

2  Thank CatdaBrat
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I think this could be a bar that serves food, but we think it is a restaurant that has a bar. Excellent pub grub with a British/Irish bent. Not intended to be a gourmet hangout. Have a Guiness & bangers & mash, or maybe an IPA with Tikka Masala. Maybe a burger & a Coke. Yeah, they even have salads & veggies. It's the sort of place that you might expect to see Tony Bourdain making snarky comments while he tucks into an Irish Combination for his TV show. A surprisingly varied & large menu, & a large beer selection. It really is the "local" for some, with sports on the tvs, but it's also a family restauant. It can be a little loud, but not rowdy. OK for families with kids. Seems to be mostly 30s to 50s crowd. Fast service & a warm atmsophere with good food. You'll almost always see the owners chatting with the patrons. They're well known in the community, good folks, & worth knowing.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good sports bar with lots of TVs. Good beer on tap, but food has always just been ok.

3  Thank Harmser