“Pies and Ribs are good!”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Pies and Ribs are good!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The pies are good. But if you eat a meal, you may have to buy the pies home. The ribs are tasty. A very comfortable ambience. Breakfast is good too. Homemade cornbeef hash taste different. A must try. I would stay at the Best Western just to eat there everyday.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, FL
“Just Okay”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Breakfast was just average, nothing to write home about. Price was high. I cannot recommend the biscuit, it was huge and heavy.

Visited November 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice hamburgers for healthy apetite”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The Burger and Sandwich we chose were big, but not enoumous. However deserts were BIG and could well have been shared.
A box came home for next day lunch...

Waiters were many, but they did a few slips in the service. Everything easily sorted out and I would go back.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“The Black Bear Diner seems to confirm its excellent reviews”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I ate there this evening. I was tempted to order their chicken-fried steak, which gets rave reviews, but I had chicken-fried steak somewhere else last night so I opted for their fish and chips. As I'm fond of saying (in an approving manner), it was too much food. The fish was very flaky and the breading was light, just as good fish and chips should be, so even if the fish was frozen (which I imagine it was), they have a good supplier. The cole slaw was better than most I've had. Service was fast and friendly. I'd definitely go there again, and if I do, I'll be sure not to have chicken-fried steak the night before.

• Visited November 2013
LONDON
“short walk from the hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We make a bee line for the black bear when staying at the Forest inn. we do not have diners like this in the UK so is a great novelty.

Visited April 2013