“This is a really nice Motel 6” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Gilroy

Motel 6 Gilroy
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
“This is a really nice Motel 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks. Almost half the price of San Jose. I stayed on the first floor. Temporary housing until I found something more permanent. My room was very clean. It was quiet. The outside was nice. The usual motel 6 decor but I use my own linens anyway so easy to update. Laundry was inexpensive. Local dog walking service helped with my dog while I worked for a very reasonable price. Old town charm. Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Lots and lots of parks. Easy and scenic 20 miles to the Pacific. Great little town. Friendly and helpful. Felt safe.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Yellowbirsgreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stockport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

my tip is avoid this hotel we booked in and after passing the check in desk to the lift you then relies big mistake the place is in serious need of refurbishment like stepping back in time but tatty curtains with cigarette burns in them, toilet that would not flush rip in bed base people hanging around corridors out of 9 hotels we visited on tour this by far was the worst we booked out without staying it was awful

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jjbls

Travelers are raving about these Gilroy hotels

Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I are in transition waiting for our house to close so we stayed here. I paid for a week (not cheap) had to take out my own trash, and kept having to ask for towels! No maid service as was stated on the card left on my pillow upon arriving that there would be. Totally drug and prostitute INFESTED! Allot of people live here, my husband and I could barely afford it and I wondered how these people could (we make good money) It did not take me long to find out how! Found a weird spoon out by the pool, people pacing up and down the sidewalks, hanging out the windows, homeless and druggies, police and random people in the parking lot! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank KellyOKeefe2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gilroy, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear KellyOKeefe2013 - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the unwelcoming environment you found and the lack of housekeeping service you experienced. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
El Dorado Hills, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

No Frills Motel 6. No hair dryer or toiletries just the bare minimum. I was there to attend the Garlic Festival. Convienant location to Christmas Park, 7 minutes by car. All the other Motels were way to expensive for the area this was even over priced for this Motel 6 for this weekend. Not the best of areas, but I still felt safe with the Motel being full. Nothing walking distance. But fast food just around the corner for driving. No starbucks around. Movie theater a couple of miles. Easy Freeway access. I did have a good nights sleep. Did not use the pool or Hot tub but it looked clean. Nice Front Desk Clerk.

Room Tip: I was on bottom floor Closer to the lobby office which made me feel safe.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

One night stay and a bit concerned . Homeless people sleeping in the stairwell , really ? People lurking in the parking lot under the trees at night , this may concern some people . Rooms are average for this hotel chain & price . Right off frwy and you can hear hwy noise , thin walls . Lots of action going on here , I know cause I heard plenty of noise through the walls . Again rooms are ok , parking is sufficient for hotel . Has ice machine , beverage and snack machine , that is it . Restaurant next door for breakfast , nothing else around .

Room Tip: If hwy noise bothers you ask for a room opposite the entrance side .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vallejo, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was told by staff that the "kitchenette" had everything I needed, I just need to get food.
The coffee pot had NO filters (not even the kind you rinse out) the kitchen sink cold water faucet did NOT work (yes I did tell them & they did offer to move me, but I did have an 80 lb Lab & a lot of stuff to move so I declined) I was NOT told the kitchenette was on the 3rd floor.
The door to my room was stuck, I had to throw my shoulder into the door to open it, the elevator moaned & groaned thought it would not make it up/down.
I had to pull the stopper out of the shower/tub so the water would drain!
I was told I was within walking distance to my event (WRONG 3 MILES AWAY)
I was NOT told that internet was good for 24 hours (yes you read that correctly 24 hours)
I was NOT told the TV was on a timer!! No I am not kidding!!!!
The cleaning staff did not clean my coffee pot or replace the plastic wrapped cups
BUT they did STEAL my lotion!
GO STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!

Room Tip: DO NOT take room 325!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim L
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This motel 6 is above average and I would definitely recommend staying here. Did not want to stay in Salinas, California because my buddy read about all the drive by shootings. This place fit the bill. Good price and within a reasonable drive to Monterey and Carmel. Would stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilroy
BEST WESTERN PLUS Forest Park Inn
#9 of 9 in Gilroy
Hampton Inn Morgan Hill
Hampton Inn Morgan Hill
#1 of 13 in Morgan Hill

Been to Motel 6 Gilroy? Share your experiences!