“Least expensive and decent stay for an Event.”
Review of Motel 6 Gilroy

Motel 6 Gilroy
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Reviewed July 30, 2013

No Frills Motel 6. No hair dryer or toiletries just the bare minimum. I was there to attend the Garlic Festival. Convienant location to Christmas Park, 7 minutes by car. All the other Motels were way to expensive for the area this was even over priced for this Motel 6 for this weekend. Not the best of areas, but I still felt safe with the Motel being full. Nothing walking distance. But fast food just around the corner for driving. No starbucks around. Movie theater a couple of miles. Easy Freeway access. I did have a good nights sleep. Did not use the pool or Hot tub but it looked clean. Nice Front Desk Clerk.

Room Tip: I was on bottom floor Closer to the lobby office which made me feel safe.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2013

One night stay and a bit concerned . Homeless people sleeping in the stairwell , really ? People lurking in the parking lot under the trees at night , this may concern some people . Rooms are average for this hotel chain & price . Right off frwy and you can hear hwy noise , thin walls . Lots of action going on here , I know cause I heard plenty of noise through the walls . Again rooms are ok , parking is sufficient for hotel . Has ice machine , beverage and snack machine , that is it . Restaurant next door for breakfast , nothing else around .

Room Tip: If hwy noise bothers you ask for a room opposite the entrance side .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was told by staff that the "kitchenette" had everything I needed, I just need to get food.
The coffee pot had NO filters (not even the kind you rinse out) the kitchen sink cold water faucet did NOT work (yes I did tell them & they did offer to move me, but I did have an 80 lb Lab & a lot of stuff to move so I declined) I was NOT told the kitchenette was on the 3rd floor.
The door to my room was stuck, I had to throw my shoulder into the door to open it, the elevator moaned & groaned thought it would not make it up/down.
I had to pull the stopper out of the shower/tub so the water would drain!
I was told I was within walking distance to my event (WRONG 3 MILES AWAY)
I was NOT told that internet was good for 24 hours (yes you read that correctly 24 hours)
I was NOT told the TV was on a timer!! No I am not kidding!!!!
The cleaning staff did not clean my coffee pot or replace the plastic wrapped cups
BUT they did STEAL my lotion!
GO STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!

Room Tip: DO NOT take room 325!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim L
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This motel 6 is above average and I would definitely recommend staying here. Did not want to stay in Salinas, California because my buddy read about all the drive by shootings. This place fit the bill. Good price and within a reasonable drive to Monterey and Carmel. Would stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

motel 6 from Gilroy California
i don't like there cleaning i stayed there for a week and i ask them to clean bed and put new sheets on the bed and paper and towels and they are so so rude lazy people they need to find new owers & new people & manager for motel 6 and the bed have blood on them i had my kids sleep on the floor bacteria on the bed ewww there not good Service people

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are a family who is use to a clean living never put your family to stay here. It's is horrible and dirty you can walk by and see random beer cans in windows among other things its scary!!! The shelves are falling apart and it's loud

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank carrasco2007
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the worst place you could ever stay in Gilroy. All night long you see drug deals in the parking lot and in the hallways. Gang members hanging out at the back entrance. With all this going on the motel has no parking lot cameras. I know this cause my car got broke into in their parking lot. No help or compassion from the front desk either. I will never go back to Gilroy because of this experience. Wish my rating could be a negative number.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Hilton do not stay at the Motel 6. It may cost more but that keeps the rifraf...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Misty M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilroy
Days Inn Gilroy
#5 of 9 in Gilroy
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy
Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill

Been to Motel 6 Gilroy? Share your experiences!