“A Little bit of History in Gilroy”

The Milias Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New steak and chop house restaurant.
San Geronimo, Ca
“A Little bit of History in Gilroy”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Not only does The Milias provide the hungry client with a delicious and unique dining experience but you get a taste of California history as well. My 92 year old mother, husband and I stopped here on our way to join our family in Monterrey for a Thanksgiving feast. We were pleased we could eat "lightly" but still be 100% satisfied. The soup of the day was seasoned perfectly and the crab risotto was rich without being filling. The dining room has a tile floor that harks back to the origin of the building/ restaurant in the early 1920's and the Cowboy bar has hosted many a celebrity over the years. In fact I think you will be treated as a celebrity while you are there!

• Visited November 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great historic restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was fortunate to be visiting an aunt and uncle in Gilroy. They took me to Milias. What a great place. It has restored architectural features, a busy bar with live entertainment, excellent food, and a great serving staff. Our waiter, Edgar, was very knowledgeable of the restaurant and the menu. He made great suggestions and took good care of our table. This seemed to be the place where the locals gather. Don't miss it if you are in Gilroy.

• Visited August 2012
Morgan Hill, California
“Escape Silicon Valley and enjoy some good food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My experience at The Milias Restaurant started with the Fire Roasted Artichokes and Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese followed by a Green Salad before the Kobe Baseball Cut Top Sirloin. All I can say is WOW! My wife had the scallops and shrimp, the scallops were perfectly cooked to be firm but extremely tender, the Apricot Chardonnay sauce was an incredible addition to the meal and didn't overwhelm the delicate seafoods.
My only complaints are that the noise level is a little high and there are no windows in the dining room. The bar area has tables and lots of natural light so plan to sit in the bar if you like sunlight.
I loved it and will definitely go back to explore the menu a bit more.

• Visited August 2012
so cal
“should be rated much higher”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

just returned from my first trip to the gilroy garlic festival (fun!!!) and was surprised to find a really good restaurant, totally by accident. my friend and i were wandering around, trying to get the lay of the land (which really didn't take too long:) and found Milias restaurant. it was pretty busy when we arrived around 6:30 but snagged to seats at the bar. was apprehensive since the live music was setting up but the singer turned out to be pretty decent covering mostly standards. anyway, they had a great wine by the glass list and once we realized the music wouldn't be too annoying we decided to orders apps.

first, ordered burrata which was creamy goodness. served with roasted cherry toms and crostini. then grilled artichoke, meaty but difficult to eat since they had trimmed the leaves so much. nice mustardy dipping sauce. ordered the short rib/polenta small plate. i had a bite of the meat and it was very good, nice smokey taste but i think they might have been a little fatty, mind you i'm really picky about fatty so could have just been me. lastly, had the pecan, gorganzola, pear salad. next to the burrata, this was the best. lots of candied pecans, just really, really good and not over dressed. the kitchen was a bit slow but i'll chalk that up to a very busy thursday night. service behind the bar was very nice and attentive. most of the other patrons seemed to know each other and kind of crowded us out at the bar a bit but overall, great place. really should be listed as one of the better restaurants considering applebee's is in the top 10....really, applebee's?!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ob23
Hollister, CA
“The noise will keep me away!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would have loved to give this restaurant a great review. Certainly the service and the food deserve that BUT the noise level will keep me away. When I dress to go to a restaurant for a delicious dinner, I expect that I can hear the conversation at my own table or the waiter telling us about the specials. I could not even hear the person seated next to me. And we were in the back corner of the room where the bar isn't!!! So sad, because the service was very good and the food even better. But I was so upset and stressed when I left, I will not go back unless they fix the acoustic levels.

• Visited May 2012