The Milias Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New steak and chop house restaurant.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My experience at The Milias Restaurant started with the Fire Roasted Artichokes and Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese followed by a Green Salad before the Kobe Baseball Cut Top Sirloin. All I can say is WOW! My wife had the scallops and shrimp, the scallops were perfectly cooked to be firm but extremely tender, the Apricot Chardonnay sauce was an incredible addition to the meal and didn't overwhelm the delicate seafoods.
My only complaints are that the noise level is a little high and there are no windows in the dining room. The bar area has tables and lots of natural light so plan to sit in the bar if you like sunlight.
I loved it and will definitely go back to explore the menu a bit more.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

just returned from my first trip to the gilroy garlic festival (fun!!!) and was surprised to find a really good restaurant, totally by accident. my friend and i were wandering around, trying to get the lay of the land (which really didn't take too long:) and found Milias restaurant. it was pretty busy when we arrived around 6:30 but snagged to seats at the bar. was apprehensive since the live music was setting up but the singer turned out to be pretty decent covering mostly standards. anyway, they had a great wine by the glass list and once we realized the music wouldn't be too annoying we decided to orders apps.

first, ordered burrata which was creamy goodness. served with roasted cherry toms and crostini. then grilled artichoke, meaty but difficult to eat since they had trimmed the leaves so much. nice mustardy dipping sauce. ordered the short rib/polenta small plate. i had a bite of the meat and it was very good, nice smokey taste but i think they might have been a little fatty, mind you i'm really picky about fatty so could have just been me. lastly, had the pecan, gorganzola, pear salad. next to the burrata, this was the best. lots of candied pecans, just really, really good and not over dressed. the kitchen was a bit slow but i'll chalk that up to a very busy thursday night. service behind the bar was very nice and attentive. most of the other patrons seemed to know each other and kind of crowded us out at the bar a bit but overall, great place. really should be listed as one of the better restaurants considering applebee's is in the top 10....really, applebee's?!

1  Thank ob23
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would have loved to give this restaurant a great review. Certainly the service and the food deserve that BUT the noise level will keep me away. When I dress to go to a restaurant for a delicious dinner, I expect that I can hear the conversation at my own table or the waiter telling us about the specials. I could not even hear the person seated next to me. And we were in the back corner of the room where the bar isn't!!! So sad, because the service was very good and the food even better. But I was so upset and stressed when I left, I will not go back unless they fix the acoustic levels.

3  Thank Dale S
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Steaks, sauces, vegetable sides and cocktails are outstanding. The interior is partially original to the 100 year old building. Ask the owners about the stagecoaches on display - great story.

1  Thank Magpie47
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The chop house had a fun vibe with live music playing when we walked in. The food was good. We were seated in a less noisy area and had a delightful meal in pleasant surroundings.

1  Thank GreenQueenColleen