Lowest prices for your stay
$140
$140
FindHotel
$123
Hilton Garden Inn$140
Priceline$140
Hotels.com$140
All reviews clean rooms easy access lobby daniel freeway accommodations monterey
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Stayed here because all Hilton hotels in San Jose were booked solid. Turned out to be a pretty good choice. The hotel and room were clean, there was a restaurant on site, very close to other food choices. The only thing I was not thrilled with was the selection in the restaurant- very limited. The service at both the front desk and restaurant were very good. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room tip: Was close to elevator but never heard it.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Martin D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to South Bay/San Jose region, and for taking a few minutes to review your stay.

I appreciate the kind words and positive review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nothing special, but decent and clean!

Breakfast was fine, there is not very much to chose from but there is a cook that can make you some very nice things

The staff is very helpful and friendly!!

2  Thank 889rong
Martin D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your recent visit to our city, and for taking a few moments to send in your thoughts. I am glad to learn that you found us to be a clean, helpful and friendly hotel. Perhaps on your next visit we can show you that we believe that we are special. Please come back soon and allow us the opportunity to impress some more.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

You have managers that lie to you and when you call them out they don't even apologize. The GM who doesn't want to be bothered needs to take a look at the team for dealing with credit cards and what it means to be PCI compliant.

A simple I'm sorry, let me fix this would have sufficed had the problem been resolved. This hotel kept saying one thing and did another

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Jaylinncali
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has all you need when on business in San Jose- nice rooms, restaurant on site, stylish lobby to hang out and have a glass of wine with your fellow travellers. It's a bit off the beaten path but quality of the stay makes it worse to get here.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the very nice endorsement of our hotel. Be sure to come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

The service that is provided is a direct result of the training and attention to detail that was given from the management team...

Where do I begin with this hotel? I'll start with this, we had a total of 21 rooms booked at this hotel on Saturday and another 9 on Friday. 5 of the rooms I was responsible for so I had them under my company.

I called the hotel to make several changes on July 6th at 6:15 PM and spoke with a extremely nice lady named Elizabeth. I make the changes and hang up after talking with her for 20 minutes. I then call back on Friday, July 7th at 3:55 PM to make a few more changes and had the Lucky opportunity to speak with the rudest host ever (Michelle Perez). After trying to explain to Michelle of my request she flat out tells me that she can't help me and I'll have to talk to her supervisor. She transferred me to a nice gentleman named Daniel Mendoza who spoke with me for 49 minutes due to the fact that nothing was done correctly. After all that time I was assured that things were right and I was good to go.

After a total of 1 hour and 9 minutes dealing with reservation (adding 2 rooms was what was needed) you would think my check-in would be smooth right? Not even close!!! I arrived at 10 PM to a smiling Elizabeth to learn that one of my rooms was overbooked in the room type and so they didn't have a room with 2 Queens. Elizabeth wasn't sure how to proceed as I guess she is new so she called the Office Manager, Michelle Perez, over to assist her. I tell Michelle that I will be paying for all of the rooms and need to have the routing done so that all charges go to my room (I told Daniel this earlier in my 49 minute call with him). She tells me that she can't do that but can place my card on each reservation (Flat out LIE). Given that it was late I agree and move on. She proceeds to over authorize my card at check in for two of the rooms and when I ask her about it she tried to tell me another lie about the rooms being booked at different times so that is why it is different. I tell her to check again so she can see that it was made at the same time. After spending 55 minutes at the desk taking care of all of the billing that I thought was done in my previous 2 calls, I finally get to go to my room.

Think it's done? Nope!!! On Saturday afternoon I speak with Daniel to see if the charges were routed to my room and was told no but he will do so that day (now my 4th request to do a simple room routing). I thank him and exchange small talk for about 2 minutes and tell him that if they need help, I can tell them how to rout the charges because one of my friends is a manger at the Hilton in SF and she showed me each step. He declines my offer and tells me to have a great stay. Bet you think it ends there....

Sunday morning at 2:47 AM I receive a phone call from the person that booked the first room stating that she received a fraud call due to a pending transaction from the Hilton Garden Inn Gilroy. I ask how this can be as I had all charges routed to my room or so I thought. I tell her I'm going to the desk to check. As I walk out my room door I see a folio on the floor with my room charges but no other room on it (weird because now I have spent about 1 hour and 50 mins between the calls and time at desk taking care of this). I get to the desk to find a lovely smiling face, Jayme ready to help me. I explain to Jayme at 3 AM all of my troubles and she immediately jumps on it and fixes the routing that the 2 managers should have done earlier. I ask her if the other rooms had received the folios and she states yes as that is their procedure but offers a few options to see if they could be received (great service recovery) and even called the guy that slide them under the doors to see if he could possibly grab them without having to open the room doors (great guy btw).

It's now 4:04 in the morning and I'm leaving a voicemail for the General Manager, Martin Donnelly, to call me about my experience at his hotel. I thank Jayme for checking everything and for taking an hour of her time to look up the fraud charges, to actually do the routing to my room as I requested, and to review my folio to ensure accuracy. My total time dealing with this has been 2 hours and 50 minutes and it's not done yet as I still need to speak to the GM.

This is most of my issues but they had a couple others revolving PCI compliance, work zone safety, and service. Here's a few pictures... two large holes in the walls (Sheetrock is under $12 at Home Depot for a 8ft by 4ft 5/8 inch thick and should have been placed to cover these holes)

Room was clean and extremely comfortable!!!

1  Thank JT_oakland