“always great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gilroy, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

have been going there for years, i think it is the best chinese food in Gilroy

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Robbie7462

California
“Delicious.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

The menu is so great as it has a wide variety which I love and which isn't so common in Gilroy. Lunch menu has lots of dim sum options and soup. I used to get the wor won ton soup and was never unhappy. I have liked everything I have eaten there. The rice in lotus leaves is really nice. It has Chinese sausage and the leaves give the rice a nice tea-like aroma - delicious.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Quasibonko
Gilroy, California, United States
“Get the catfish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We love Ginger Cafe. When my husband and I can't decide if we want Chinese, Vietnamese or Japanese we go to Ginger Cafe. They have a great blend of everything. Sometimes I find food from Chinese places to be really dry and no flavor, but Ginger Cafe never disappoints. We love all the vegetable dishes because they are fresh and crispy. We love the Catfish. We have never been disappointed with any of the dishes there. So if you live in Gilroy or are passing through town I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BrookeBarbara
Morgan Hill, ca
“Good lunch spot in Gilroy for Outlet shoppers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Five of us met for lunch. Parking is fair as Ginger Cafe is next door to Fresh Choice so at lunch both restaurants filled the parking lot. Ginger was about 1/3 full on a Wednesday at noon. We were able to choose where we wanted to sit and arrange tables if we wanted. Restroom was clean and attractive. Restaurant has modern Asian decor, very appealing. We chose to order from the lunch menu so our meals were around $8 each which included soup and rice, either white or fried. However, NO substitutions! So soup was egg drop with a little chicken and corn. You can add a small salad for $1. Portions were perfect, no leftovers! I bought Mongolian Beef which was tasty and spicy. Many of their selections are double chilis for spice. However, one friend ordered Kung Pao chicken (which we all agreed should be spicy by definition!) with NO spice and the kitchen did it. I shared with a friend who had the curried chicken. This was made with coconut milk and was delicious, having veggies like cauliflower and eggplant. Both of my dishes had just the right amount of spice (2 chilis) for us. The minced chicken in lettuce cups was huge considered it is a small plate. We all tasted it and deemed it very good. The white rice was a good choice so we could eat us all the yummy sauces!

The price is a little higher than norm for the area for Chinese lunch but we were OK about that, given the atmosphere and food. I would have preferred some choice in soup. The lunch menu does not show off the kitchen. For example, the vast majority of the dishes are chicken and beef with one sweet and sour pork and two prawn entrees.

There is also a location in Sunnyvale.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 7continentKaren
Daly City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great eats in Gilroy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

The Ginger Cafe is a gem tucked away in the Gilroy outlet. They also have a Sunnyvale location. On this occassion, my husband and I dined after outlet shopping and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was excellent, the service was fantastic and the price was right. And to top it all off, they offer quite a few vegetarian options. We'll definitely be visiting again.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Kate3370

Been to Ginger Cafe? Share your experiences!