“Food is good, but the service lacks polish”
Review of Mama Mia's

Mama Mia's
Ranked #18 of 127 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Food is good, but the service lacks polish”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stopped in for a quick bite one night and enjoyed the place. The food is well proportioned (we took home some leftovers) and the prices reasonable. The calamari stands out in my mind. Very crisp, but not oily. The server, while friendly and polite, was a little rough around the edges. She knew almost nothing about the wines, but we went with her suggestion anyway. When we tasted the wine, it was definitely not something we'd want to drink. She was gracious enough to take it away and bring us a bottle we knew to be better.

Visited September 2012

Torrance, California
“Real Italian spoken here”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went here due to the good reviews on trip advisor. When I opened the menu, my heart fell. Not one of my three favorite italian dishes was on it. I am a sort of picky eater and was not in a very good mood having to select something out of my norn. The waiter had to come back three times before I made up my mind. I had the grilled salmon with artichokes and capers. It was fantastic. One of the best salmon dishes I have ever had. My husband had the garlic chicken and liked it also.

• Visited September 2012
Monterey, California
“Great place for a gathering”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner here for a birthday celebration. It included several people and everyone was served in a timely manner and their orders were all delicious.

Visited May 2012
Indio, California
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We looked up several restaurants in the Gilroy area on Trip Advisor and decided on Mama Mia's. We were so glad we did. The restaurant is spacious and clean. The service was outstanding and our waitress recommended two items on the menu (the warm spinach salad and the tortellini in a cream sauce). We split the two and really enjoyed them. Since Gilroy is the garlic capital of the country, we wanted to try Italian and some of their home grown garlic flavors. From the smell of garlic in the air when you enter the restaurant to dipping your bread in the vinegar, oil and garlic sauce, we accompished our mission. I recommend this restaurant when in Gilroy.

• Visited August 2012
Gilroy
“pizza”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The service is average, the food is over priced for the quality. I did not eat the pizza but heard from others it was good.