“Lots of food for your money”

Longhouse Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 127 Restaurants in Gilroy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Big portions, had lunch here. Clean, fast service once we got seated..waited for 10 minutes noone greeted us to tell us to sit, wait .nothing. Ok for a quick lunch alternative to mcdonalds

1  Thank lopezhollister

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I brought my family/friends for a nice meal. Totally ignore one persons order, dinner was served hodge podge not all together. Steaks were not cooked as ordered. Wait staffer was surly and flippant about our discomfort and then argumentative. Of course, the Manager wasn't there to deal with the problems his/her staff caused. Overall it was a very unpleasant visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I almost hate to say this, because I like the people at this place and the service has always been good, prices are fair, etc. But one time I ordered their homemade raviolis and the meat inside had a "spoiled" taste to it. I didn't get sick, but I have a feeling that MAYBE their beef ravioli filling is at least sometimes prepared from cuts of meat that are too far gone to serve in any other way. Well, if the meat is too old, no amount of seasonings or marinara sauce can mask that. Also, my stepdad ordered a certain cut of steak and what arrived was not what he asked for. I would not want to order anything with meat in it again, sorry.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a great locals place to get a good breakfast at a reasonable price with good sized portions. The hash browns are really good and the pancakes I would recommend. This is not the place to go if you are into atmosphere as this is definitely your basic diner style place. Service is good. I would give it 4 stars but I would say more attention to detail in the decor cleanliness would be good.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the kind of restruant that just gets better with age. The food is basic steak house, old school. No -------fushion here, just fantastic food. I had a steak completely covered with grilled mushrooms. It was so good I never opened the A-1 bottle. The vegatables tasted like they were picked this morning.