“This place was awesome. We would definitely return.”
Review of Geyserville Inn

Geyserville Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Geyserville
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wow what a find! We were pleasantly surprised with this place: décor was awesome, room was comfortable, staff were friendly, location was prime, pool was great, and overall - the experience was one we would like to repeat.

All in all this place did it right...they also happen to be right next to a classy breakfast establishment that has some awesome food so that was another plus. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to wine and dine in Sonoma county as it is under 5 miles from 30+ great wineries and provides a comfortable, classy stay.

My only issues here that are keeping me from giving that 5th star was that I found it a bit difficult to get information about the services offered at the hotel and had to walk to the front desk a few times to figure things out (like no guest book info? kinda strange) - and the upstairs rooms seem to have some thin floors as we could hear the children above us stomping around early in the morning (more of irresponsible parent's fault but hey what can you do?)

In any case: this place is awesome! Go here and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in july.It is located in a little town in the Russian river valley in California.Room was very clean, comfortable bed ,most amentities you need in a room. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful . It has a outdoor swimming pool, covered parking for your car.Resturant next door.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place was perfect. it was orders of magnitude less expensive than most other places, right in the middle of northern Sonoma, which is where the wineries we were interested in were located. It was clean, charm in, comfortable beds. We had lovely windows and a balcony that overlooked the vineyard. A fireplace. We went for a beautiful walk in the morning around the vineyards (we were probably trespassing but nobody bothered us) and walked into the center of town for coffee and breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the vineyards
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The location of this inn in wine country is great. Close to Geyserville, and set out in a vineyard, very nice and lovely view from the suite the bride got (Key West, if you want to pay the price, this suite is amazing). The great things: a couple staff members are really responsive and great, the young man I got to chat with over the phone and in person when we came a month early to check the hotel out before the wedding. He is amazing. The young woman who helped with the print out for our wedding toast, also amazing. The older gentleman not so much. The older lady, wow, couldn't get more grumpy. The wedding party and guests ended up making fun of her because her behavior was just simply outrageously funny it was so grumpy.

Check in was not quick and easy, he tried to say my credit card wasn’t working and was very condescending about it like it was my fault (I assured him there was a large limit on it and it was fine), but then he realized he had put in the wrong number and it went through fine when he typed it in right. They kept grilling me on my daughter’s reservation which had been cancelled but had nothing to do with me. The old lady there is grumpy, snappy and unhelpful in any way. We wanted to have a small table outside in the morning with some pastries and coffee for the wedding guests but they refused to let us do that and said they would charge us if we didn’t get the food from the restaurant next door, for just the table over 150.00. !

She also was snippy when I asked if I could get the printout of the item I had emailed them to print (our toast for the wedding) which we had been nicely told by someone else at the front desk they would gladly do for us, in fact they suggested it! When I stopped in to get the print out, the old lady snapped at me that she doesn’t “do” front desk. She was the only one at the front desk so I guess I assumed she was there to help guests. We came back later and the nice young woman had it ready and waiting for us.

Mother of the bride apparently does not rate an upgrade, I guess since I only paid over 500 for two nights that doesn’t rate any more than the basic room, no frills. I had a queen room facing the pool, (very noisy) no microwave, horribly small, and when we asked for a rollaway for my daughter, we got a totally uncomfortable mattress with a divot in the middle that told us even though all rollaways are horrible, this one was so old they simply should have put a featherbed on it to at least give her some kind of night’s sleep.

Location in wine country was great and not too far from the winery where the wedding was held. Taxes on the room exceed 26.00 a night which is ridiculous but not the inn's fault, it is the county that determines they want to charge high taxes for tourists in wine country. Room was very very small for the price. Towels were minimal, thin, scratchy and certainly not anything close to “luxury” which is what I would expect for this pricey room (they were like towels in any budget motel, in fact the towels in the Best Western on another night of this trip were way nicer towels). You get one combined conditioner and shampoo together which always doesn't work well. Tiny tiny mini fridge and no microwave. Plug ins were almost non existent. Good luck plugging in your phone charger, or a hair dryer or curling iron at the same time. Toilet seat was crooked, and the shower pressure wasn’t so great. Bed was great, (maybe a bit hard) but the bed linens were amazing (feather bed, good pillows and nice sheets). the room was nicely decorated and updated. Express checkout was great. The pool was clean and in the sun so well used by many of the guests at the wedding as we had a large block of rooms for the wedding dates (two night minimum stay). I can recommend it for those types of occasions and this was a special one so rated the pricier stay. We did check out a couple other hotels not too far away and would also recommend any of those in Healdsburg as well.

We did eat one meal at the Harmon House restaurant next door owned by this hotel and will do a separate review of that, but it was good.

Room Tip: Don't get a room right outside the pool if you want quiet (room 110). Avoid the older lady work...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight on the way home from SoCal. The room we had was quite spacious even though it only had a queen bed (king bed was quite a bit higher rate). The bed itself was very comfortable. Although it was not that hot out, we appreciated the covered parking to keep the car from getting way too hot. Very friendly staff. We loved it. The price was right too.

Room Tip: Room 203 with a balcony was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krw1961
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had not stayed in Geyserville before but had been to this area many times. We liked the Inn and found it inviting, quiet and the rooms newly remodeled. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed our time here. It was convenient to many excellent wineries and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I believe its newly remodeled but the room is adorable but a very small room. It is the standard queen though. I was extremely surprised. The bed is not new but the linens are. The bathroom is a regular bathroom, but the tile was not clean, grout. over all the flatscreen and airconditioner worked great. Wall unit blew directly at husbands bedside all night. I would prefer a different bed.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geyserville
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#4 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Geyserville Inn? Share your experiences!