“And the Oscar goes to ......” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Francis Ford Coppola Winery

Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Geyserville
More attraction details
Owner description: Francis puts it best, saying the winery is “a wine wonderland, a park of pleasure where people of all ages can enjoy all the best things in life – food, wine, music, dancing, games, swimming and performances of all types. A place to celebrate the love of life.”PLEASE NOTE: Due to our food preparation permits, we are unable to invite pets inside the winery gates (including our pool area), with the exception of service animals. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sarasota, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“And the Oscar goes to ......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Not the Francis Ford Coppola Winery.

While the winery is beautiful, the wines are not memorable.
The wines are affordable but not a must taste.
The server was there to pour, not share information or provide details about the tasting.
It was fun to see movie memorabilia but it is as if they know that the wines are not the best and all the stuff is for distraction.
There are better wineries to visit for tastings and purchase.

1 Thank Ms Little R

Chicago, IL
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Disneyland of Wineries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this winery because a friend sent us some of their wines as a gift and we enjoyed them. We were able to obtain 2 for 1 tasting coupons on the internet so we tasted 4 wines for $15 which is kind of pricey. The wines we tried were mostly Cabernet Savengon and were all very good. The bar is full of memorabilia from the Godfather, Tucker, Dracula, and Apocalypse Now to name some. Don't miss his Oscars and a handwritten list of potential cast for The Godfather. The desk from that movie is also on display. This winery is also kid friendly because it has a huge pool! We enjoyed our time here with the wine and the movie memorabilia.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Come on a Tuesday, stay for dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Went for the Tuesday evening Italian Family Dinner.
Really a nice experience - was a slow time, so they really went the extra mile. Food was good, came at nice pace. Wait staff came at a good pace. Wide variety of Coppola wines - affordable.

Not really 'fine dining', but the dining experience, service, and food was great! Price, very reasonable.

Would love to come back in warmer weather for an afternoon in the pool!

Visited March 2014
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“I LOVE everything about this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I love this winery! I've gone to Napa and Sonoma so many times- It's such a scenic and peaceful part of California. Most wineries are pretty, sometimes even beautiful, and you can always have a good time when tasting wine, right?! This place goes above and beyond your "ordinary" wine tasting experience. Is there a pool? Yes. Is there a tee-pee, Anthropologie-style gift shop, and bochi ball court? Yes. Is there a full bar and 2 restaurants? Absolutely. Is there the original "Godfather" desk, chair, and many other Francis Ford Coppola movie artifacts? Totally- and that makes this place SO fun and SO unique to the "average" winery experience.
(I think I got half of my Christmas presents here, bonus!)

My husband and 2 friends and I were visiting Sonoma (the region is about an hour North of Napa, it's an all day adventure, don't book yourself for both Napa and Sonoma in the same day) and decided to stop here just for a quick tasting. There is so much to see, and eat, and drink, that prepare yourself for at least a 2-3 hours at this place. Upon arriving I was shocked to see the pool, Tee pee, and restaurant. I asked one of the workers why so much "stuff" and he told me, "Francis is a family guy. He realized that going wine tasting with children isn't fun for anyone. But-if you put a winery in the middle of a swimming pool where kids can enjoy themselves, it makes it a fun place for everyone!" Sure enough, I noticed while the children swam and went into the "sharing tent" (the Tee Pee, where kids would 'borrow' books and toys) the parents drank their wines on their lawn chairs under umbrellas, ate their pizzas and salads, and even drank their cocktails! Smart Man, that Francis!

I walk into the winery and there is A LOT of movie memorabilia. I love The Godfather movies and Dracula, so I was in heaven. Also, there is the most amazing gift shop items that have everything from candles and lotions to picture frames, 40's style hats, journals and cards. Starting cost for the 4 flight tasting is about $10.00-15.00 per person. Considering I've been to wineries where tastings are $20-50 per person I thought this was a steal! There are so many wines to chose from you can chose a more expensive flight if you'd like. We decided to buy a couple of the bottles we had tasted. I read a few reviews where people had been disappointed their wine tasting fee wasn't waived since they bought a bottle of wine, but I have never expected this at any winery.

I did ask about the reserving pool spots, and they are booked about 3 months in advance. Don't try to book a bacheloretty, baby shower, or family reunion for a pool party here before 3 months- it's a gorgeous spot but they don't have enough spots available to fit everyone that wants to do pool event. I checked, and they like to make sure their wine club members have additional perks, so they are available in shorter times in advance for these members. I'm a wine club member for some other wineries so I appreciate this and understand that monthly payments gets you extra goodies. The restaurant, Rustic, is also so tasty and super flavorful. They have everything from pizzas, to pastas, to salmon, and chicken picatta. After a couple of drinks this is a place you want to eat at!

This winery is so awesome, I can't wait to come back. The experience is so fun, and if you can, definitely stop by when you're in Sonoma!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank AlexisK_V
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Gorgeous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Directly across the road form Clos du Bois, the Coppola winery is worth stopping by, Beautiful buildings and extensive gift shop. Also on the property is a wonderful dining room that is richly appointed. Expect to wait 30-45 minutes when busy. You'll enjoy your time here.

1 Thank Jwkruz