“Just Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Rock Casino

River Rock Casino
Ranked #15 of 26 things to do in Geyserville
More attraction details
Owner description: At River Rock Casino you'll always find A Better Deal with no ATM fees, $5 Blackjack everyday, buffet discounts of up to 25% all the time with your Player's Club Card, Double Payback all the time in which you earn double the rewards just for using your card while you play your favorite games, and a friendly staff who will make you feel right at home! Enjoy our state-of-the-art slot machines, best in the bay buffet, and one-of-a-kind promotions, such as luxury car giveaways, million dollar giveaway, and so much more! Take some time to enjoy the spectacular views from the Quail Run deck while enjoying juicy prime rib, fresh crab, and a whole range of delicious delectables inspired by cultures from around the world. We can't wait to see you at River Rock Casino -- A Better Deal!
San Leandro, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had been to River Rock before and I have to admit this time was better than the first time. The casino was less smokey, bathrooms are clean, and they had more food options available along with alcohol. You do have to purchase the alcohol at one of the restaurants. They have beverage service on the floor but it's only coffee, soda, and water. The atmosphere was somewhat boring and I didn't hear many people winning. I won't make a special trip to go back there but I would go back if I came back to wine taste.

1 Thank Beth G

Windsor, CA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Always Lots of Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We've always had fun at "River Rock Casino." The slot machines are up to date with a few new ones every time we play there. Recently, they've advertised that the slots are looser and I believe this is true. No, I don't win all the time, but my money lasts a long time and, occasionally, I even come out ahead. For people who use ATM or cash checks, these services are free.

When it's time to eat, I recommend the "Center Stage Bat and Grill" where you can order breakfast 24/7 and many other tasty entries. I've never had a bad meal there and often it is free with my comps. The wait staff is always pleasant and helpful.

Valet service is fast, friendly and efficient. Besides, the parking lot has one of the best views of Alexander Valley that you can find. When you want a fun day; head to "River Rock Casino."

1 Thank Margarita878
Sonoma County, Callifornia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A bit disappointing...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hubby and I live in Sonoma County, CA. We first visited River Rock casino years and years ago, just after they first opened, when it was a small tent, maybe 100 slots, no food, and no alcohol. We weren't impressed. We've heard somewhat mixed reviews from friends and neighbors since then, most recently including many raves about how great the buffet had become. Yesterday being my birthday, and a Friday night with the dinner buffet being promoted as a Seafood and Prime Rib Extravaganza, we decided to visit River Rock once again.

Well, it's still a tent, just a larger tent. With an ugly concrete parking structure that's at least twice the size of the tent. Hundreds of slots, very few tables. Small non-smoking gaming area. I lost a fair amount of money in their 'loose' slots - not sure who the slots were being loose to, but it wasn't me. Visitor Services were hit-and-miss: I signed up for the Club Card (in order to get the 10% buffet discount), and the lady who signed me up was quite pleasant and helpful; but most of the Visitor Services staff just looked straight through me as if I wasn't even there. I'm disabled and often have a hard time walking, so you'd think at least one of the Visitor Services staff I passed along the way would at least ask me if I needed help when I was struggling to walk...but no, I doubt they even noticed me.

On to the buffet: I probably would have given River Rock Casino and Quail Run Buffet only 2 stars if it weren't for a few kindnesses I experienced at the buffet. The customer service was still hit-and-miss, though: the buffet manager, noticing the difficulty I was having walking even with a cane, asked if it would be best to seat me at a table near the buffet tables; but after I thanked him profusely he didn't offer me a chair, just left me standing at the restaurant entrance. By the time he'd found a staff person to clear a small table near the buffet line and seat us, I was physically shaking because of the effort it took to stand. Our waitress, however, was very kind, keeping our glasses filled and used plates removed, and once - when hubby had gone back to the buffet line by himself - stopping at our table to ask if I was OK and if she could bring me anything. Overhearing our conversation that it was my birthday, she also brought me a HUGE slice of cheese cake, beautifully plated with perfect fresh raspberries and a birthday candle, at the end of the meal. I'm not sure where she got it since there was nothing like it set out on the dessert tables, but it was extremely nice of her to go out of her way like that!

The buffet itself was a disappointment - it was nowhere NEAR what I'd call a Seafood and Prime Rib Extravaganza, especially being along the Pacific coast. The salad bar was nice and fresh with a good variety of salad makings, but most of the entrees were deep fried. There wasn't a lot of seafood used in the entrees (minimal crab in the deep-fried crab rangoons and deep-fried crab cakes, which hubby said tasted more like hush puppies than crab cakes) except for large bins of king crab legs: each table is already set with a large bowl in the middle along with nutcrackers when you're first seated, so that's what most people were eating. The fried cod served as fish-n-chips was poorly battered and mushy, the chips small, over-cooked french fries The clam chowder contained far too much celery and more bacon than clams, making it taste overly salty with little or no clam flavor. The prime rib was good but served in very small, thin (1/4") slices; the jus had the consistency (and appearance) of brown gravy and there wasn't any horseradish sauce...not how I think of prime rib. I've had much better seafood meals at Red Lobster for the same price.

I asked hubby if he would go back to River Rock as we were driving home. He took awhile to answer me, then said "Yes, maybe...but I wouldn't go for the seafood buffet, and I wouldn't make a special trip of it." That pretty much sums up my feelings, too. The rest of the stuff we did yesterday to celebrate my birthday was great...I'm just sorry we wound up spending the evening at River Rock.

1 Thank helmerphud
Rohnert Park, California, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Center Stage Bar & Grill Menu ImprovementsDisappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This review is about the Center Stage Bar & Grill. This eatery is inside the River Rock Casino and is designed to be a step BELOW the Quail Run Restaurant and ABOVE the various walk-up food places. The dining menu here has undergone a revision. What once was a good food, good service place is now an average to poor food and terrible service location. Originally the site was just hamburgers, hot/cold sandwiches - all made to order. The food was served HOT, and the portions were excellent. Now, the cold sandwiches are gone, there is one version of a hamburger, and "new" items have been added. Lobster? Yes, lobster, Kobe beef and other upper crusty items that just don't belong in a bar and grill. Add to that the price increases (heck, lobster isn't cheap) and the VERY POOR SERVICE and you have a location to avoid. My advice is bring a subway sandwich in with you and enjoy yourself. You will save around $20, and have exactly what you want, when you want it.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank William M
Modesto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I won”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We ate Christmas day brunch. A bit pricey but decent variety. Only thing open in the area. The slots are loose and won at almost every machine I played.

Visited December 2013