“Crab cake benedict...?!”

Cuisines: American
Jamestown, California
“Crab cake benedict...?!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate breakfast at the Hoffman House on combined deal with the Inn next door. Breakfast was very good, staff was friendly and the building is very pretty. I had crab cake benedict with gruyere benedict sauce, and it was excellent.

Visited January 2013

California
“Convenient and Solid”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food was good, though given the bar set by other eateries in the area, it was nothing to write home about. Had a pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries. Both were good. Went again for breakfast, and again, good...but just that.

The reason for the rating is mainly due to service. When the wait staff found out that we had a "voucher", the attitude changed markedly. They went from friendly to tolerant. The change was so noticeable that it made the meals a bit uncomfortable. I've never understood how a place can sign on for something like that, then be resentful when someone shows up to try it? So, because of that, I'll be looking for another place to try when I return...too bad really.

• Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We were hungry on our drive from Napa to Eureka. I was also carsick. We stopped for breakfast. They had ginger ale! It was just what I needed. My hubby had the 3-egg omelet and I had the vegetarian eggs Benedict both were great. It was quiet and very clean. Prices seemed high but we haven't gotten used to California prices.

Auburn, California
“Decent food, but a bit annoyed.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were eating there because of a Travelzoo voucher we had gotten with the hotel next door. The food was good, standard breakfast and lunch fare. The server we had both days seemed very annoyed. I know we were using a voucher, but they had put them out there and we still tipped over the automatic 18% gratuity. They would have gotten 4 stars with less attitude. They had solid food.

Visited November 2012
Campbell
“Great Food for Breakfast”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Enjoyed good service and excellent food for breakfast. Located in a old home this restaurant is a must for breakfast when in the Geyserville area.

Visited November 2012