“A Halfway Stop”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gasquet
Patrick Creek Lodge and Historical Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gasquet
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed at Patrick Creek many times on trips to the Bay Area and Mendocino. It's a funky old log hotel with extensive gardens all around it and the rushing Smith River just across the road. I usually stay in the motel section which has large room with bath. The rooms are a bit tired but quite comfortable. The is a house restaurant which is pretty good. You basically have to eat there unless you bring your own food. Patrick Creek is a good 10-20 miles from Gasquet or Cave Junction. I love the Smith River Canyon, so it is one of my regular stops on trips south.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Cerce

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. I loved that there was a great restaurant/bar attached. Had an amazing time hanging out with locals and travelers alike there after dark. Close to the creek and some short hiking trails - one of which stays lit at night! A nice swimming pool, though take my advice and go in the afternoon. I went swimming in the morning and it was icy cold! My mistake. Okay, yeah, it is an older place. The rooms are bare-boned. This is definitely not the Hilton. What it is - a quaint place to stay in the middle of nowhere and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It gets four stars inside of five since the rooms were a bit rundown looking and they seemed to be short staffed when I was there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Don't expect the ultimate in lodge experience here. Its good, basic - comfortable lodging. There are no phones and no tv/radio/internet. I was able to get 1 bar of cell service. You do get road noise but, in the off season - it wasn't bad. Water is plentiful and hot for showers. Some rooms have fridge and microwave. You will have a comfortable sleep. I thought it was very clean (a couple of dead bugs but - you are out in the woods after all). The owner was very sweet and accomodating.

Room Tip: we weren't able to see the rooms in the main "house" so I don't know if you get le...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Hungry_horse_android
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I am a travel agent and recently booked this hotel for my clients. Their experience at the Patrick Creek Lodge was not worth the nightly rate of $99.50 they were charged - maybe a $50.00 to $60.00 rate would have been more appropriate. My clients arrived very late - 11:30 PM - on Aug. 19 to check in for just a one night stay. The desk clerk said they had forgotten to open the room up to air it out, so it was very hot in the room - no A/C. Also, once my clients got into their room, they found lots of cob webs in the corners of the room and behind the toilet. One of the beds had a dead beetle between the sheets! It was already very late, and my clients were just too tired to go back to the front desk to complain. After their check out the next morning, I offered to contact the hotel on their behalf. In speaking with the owner about this stay, I was informed that " they do not open rooms up for guests, they were just being nice to open this room for my clients." When I told the owner about the bugs in the room, she offered nothing - no apology and absolutely no consideration of any refund. All my clients asked for was maybe $20.00 off their room rate as compensation. As a travel agent, I would have at least expected an apology of some kind, not the "I don't have to do anything" attitude given over the phone. Rest assured we will not ever book this hotel for any future clients!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank BrendaF0807
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Helpful staff. Good food. Comfortable room. Nice grounds.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank smp127
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Being a single female traveling alone, one has to be very carefull. Upon arrival, with in 3 minutes I knew that I was staying. What a great place, great location and great food. And the staff Linda, was the best. Made me feel at home, safe and very welcome. She made suggestions where to go and what to see, and you should come check this place out!!!!!A LITTLE CHUNCK OF HEAVEN

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank looperonfire
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We have been to Patrick Creek Lodge several times and have always found it to be a place to recharge.The trees are everywhere in this quiet valley.The food is excellent and the staff are friendly.Each room is different and has a feel of its own.Listening to the sound of the creek as you fall asleep is delightful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hatmannn

Been to Patrick Creek Lodge and Historical Inn? Share your experiences!