“Still Awesome after all these years”

Lomeli's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 295 Restaurants in Gardena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Come taste the difference at Lomeli's Italian Restaurant! Our menu is full of delicious classics, right out of Naples.
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still Awesome after all these years”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went here a couple nights ago and it was still awesome. There was a little wait for the table, but Friday night at dinner time what do you expect. This place is not huge. The flavor is huge. I tried to not order the manicotti but I just couldn't I had to try it and make sure it was still as great as ever. Yep it is, it was really hot the sauce was boiling on the edges so I had to let it cool but I couldn't wait to bite into it. It wasn't the same as I make (Mine is a little more salty, and probably has more parmesan cheese on the inside) but it was still pretty great. The Garlic bread was great too. My wife ordered the Chicken Cacciatore and that was great too, (She got full so she shared) it had three chicken breasts in it and was pretty awesome. Then I usually look forward to the spumoni ice cream, but when they offered Ice cream my wife asked what flavors they had, I would never ask because I want spumoni, but when our server said Spumoni, Cappuccino and I didn't hear the other two choices just between those two almost too hard. I went with the cappuccino mmmm good choice. So whatever you are waiting for, stop waiting get on down there and have some amazing food. Oh one side note... I took a tripadvisor sticker in to leave with them but noticed they already had one so I still have some, I may stop by your next favorite restaurant and review that one. bon appetit

• Visited March 2014
Carlo L, Owner at Lomeli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks for this fabulous review! You're making us hungry just reading it. I appreciate you being such a big advocate of our little Italian restaurant. From our authentic dishes to our service with a smile - you captured the essence of our business perfectly! Next time you and your wife need a night out, our door's always open.

All the best,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
LOs Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Little Taste of Comfort”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of my favorite place to get a Pizza pie !!!!!!!!
I enjoy all of the food on the menu to be exactly.....
This is a good family style restaurant with a wonderful owner named Carlos.
Carlos is a true gentleman -and I apperciate him !!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
Carlo L, Owner at Lomeli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm honored to hear we're one of your favorites when it comes to pizza. Hope to see you again very soon!

Be well,

Los Angeles, California
“Manicotti to die for”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I am in Gardena, which is not often enough, this is a great place to go. I don't drink, but the wine list looks pretty impressive. The food, I have never ordered anything here I didn't like but my fave is the manicotti. I make manicotti myself and some places like to try to flavor it up with non-traditional seasonings, but Lomeli's makes it just the way I like it and reasonably priced as well. Don't be fooled by exterior a lone door in what is similar to as trip mall, once inside you are transported to a wine cellar in Italy, and grape vines and grapes hang off the eaves inside, soft music plays and the aroma of fine Italian food wafts through the air. This may be one of the best kept Gardena secrets, oops, did I say that out loud? Do yourself a favor, go check it out and do the rest of us a favor, only share this secret with your closest friends.

• Visited June 2013
You're absolutely right — you're just not in Gardena enough! I'm so happy to hear that we're always your go-to spot when you are, though. Excellent choice on the Manicotti. It's one of our personal favorites, too! Thank you for the great review and we'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!
Cheers,
Hollywood, Florida
“Good home cooking Italian”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I searched tripadvisor for a non chain Italian restaurant. I chose Lomeli's after reading the reviews. I arrived one work week evening and found the place bustling! I was afraid service was going to be slow seeing how busy they were. However, I was seated at at one available table and was promptly waited on! I asked the waitress if it was always like this and she indicated that it was usually busy but not THIS busy. Again I was afraid my food would take a while. Again, I was wrong. I ordered the salad and combo pasta dish which I thought was a great idea as I always have issues deciding what great Italian dish to have, Of the many combos I had the combo of lasagna, spinach ravioli, and spaghetti with a meatball. I should not have, but I ate it all! and with a complimentary glass of wine to boot. The only disappointment was the fact that the wine glass must have just come out of the hot dish washer making the wine well above room temperature. I'll be back for more.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alex080856
Carlo L, Carlo Lomeli at Lomeli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for this thoughtful review! We're so glad you are a fan of our down-home, Italian cooking. We can get pretty busy, but we'd never neglect our customers— you came here for a delicious meal, and that's exactly what we're going to give you! It's wonderful you were able to try our combo plate... it'll definitely leave you stuffed. I'll take note of your comment about your warm wine— we'll make sure that doesn't happen again! I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Be well,
Carlo Lomeli
Alameda, CA
“Great for Families and Children”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A small, family run restaurant that is comfortable and welcoming for families with children. Good value for the price. Food is average - diner Italian, but substantial and large portions. Children's meals generous. Service is a little scattered - wholesome and enthusiastic, but not always efficient. It is relaxed and everyone wants to please. I would return.

• Visited April 2013
Carlo L, Owner at Lomeli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for this honest feedback. From our authentic Italian dishes to our wholesome service, you really captured the essence of our restaurant perfectly! I'm so glad you are such a fan of our down-home, family-style cooking. I will definitely take note of your comment about our 'scattered' service. We work hard to be as attentive as possible, but we can get pretty busy depending on the day of the week. This is something I'll address in our next staff meeting. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Cheers,