“Very Happy with this Location”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Gardena
Gardena, California
“Very Happy with this Location”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Friendly staff, & good service. It is great place if you have a pet. Let night night cravings for popcorn, no problem just go to the front desk & get it or toothpaste, tooth brush, razors, dishwasher soap, etc...
If there was a lounge, then I could not have been happier

Room Tip: If you're planning on staying longer than a month, call to for the Extended Stay Plus program. Y...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Karim E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Karim - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, and always treat them like family.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Rooms are small,,no bathtubs...but I found this is a good place to stay with Kitchen and at affordable price...I stayed more than 30 days..so they refunded the tax amount and adjusted with next few days rent...place is very quite but not not very posh area...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kallol N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you liked your room overall, especially the kitchen, and our quiet location. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us for an extended period of time and hope you will do so again in the future!
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

There is a difference. On its way up, I feel better about staying here now. Not so many trucks or truckers. Hey, we need trucks to make the world keep turning so I am still happy to see these professionals hard at work, just like me. Good management that was non-existent in the past makes this location a better choice than the others. If there is a problem they have the ability to take care of it now. Wow! It is a much cleaner place to stay! The new color schemes are refreshing! The laundry room is very clean and the machines really work now! I wish they had a pool! They do need to have MORE handicapped spaces in front and back. The grounds are well kept now. The staff seems happy to help, professional and cheerful. The coffee is actually good here! The windows are secure and 'block it all out' terrifically! Families would be safe here and I couldn't say that a couple years ago during my last stay. I still don't like the higher prices, EVERYWHERE! A good value, even so.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, less walking=less time in and out for those busy travelers. The elevators ca...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here for a little over a week now and for the most part, the hotel is okay. The towels are rough and thin, beds are small and so are the single rooms (double rooms are much more spacious and apparently there are queen size singles, but only 4 of them). All of the single rooms have mini refrigerators while the doubles have full size refrigerators. The staff is very nice, some are more helpful than others, which can be frustrating! They offer coffee and what they call a grab and go breakfast which is nice. I did find a couple of dirty dishes in my cupboards though, so double check them before you use them! Otherwise, the place is not that bad

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Gardena,CA. I thought the hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Also, every morning they had free hot fresh coffee and muffins. The only draw back was it was in a isolated area and appeared to be a stop for truckers to rest. The trucks taken up a lot of valuable, limited parking spaces.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I woke up to ants crawling on me. Ants were all in the windows! No maid service.. dishes dirty when we got here..The hotel charges 15% tax each day u stay here. We stayed 5 days and had to pay $170 tax on top of pre tax!!! Ive been to other hotels in California and never experienced tax that high!!!! Dont come here go somewhere else for better prices.. when we arrive they had people in front hanging out and trashy girls that look like prostitutes talking to every guy they seen!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tyniqua
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Tyniqua - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room was not clean and that you were not made aware of our daily tax rate before check-in. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. With this in mind, we take your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at Las@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Qingdao
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I would say prices have increased after California wide TV & radio ad campaign

bathroom fixtures are old & some of the nickel plating have rusted

other hotel chains have renovated with impeccable bathroom fixtures, such as full size bath tub, free shampoo sachets, parquet flooring

ESA @ Gardena offers only pre-fab shower. If I didn't want to shower; but only wash my feet, I would need to get wet in process.

the bed at ESA/Gardena is always an issue.

Red Roof Inn had space for 2 KING size bed, extended stay Gardena offered only a twin bed; not big enough for 2 full grown husband & wife.

i do not see value for $ anymore at extended stay; kitchenette & fridge & microwave notwithstanding

it would be less expensive to stay @ apartment in downtown LA next to Union Station on a month to month basis

even the 32 in LCD screen @ ESA/Gardena is starting to get 'grainy'

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardena
Gardena Terrace Inn
#3 of 5 in Carson
Redondo Beach Inn
Redondo Beach Inn
#5 of 14 in Gardena

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South? Share your experiences!