Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gardena
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here for a little over a week now and for the most part, the hotel is okay. The towels are rough and thin, beds are small and so are the single rooms (double rooms are much more spacious and apparently there are queen size singles, but only 4 of them). All of the single rooms have mini refrigerators while the doubles have full size refrigerators. The staff is very nice, some are more helpful than others, which can be frustrating! They offer coffee and what they call a grab and go breakfast which is nice. I did find a couple of dirty dishes in my cupboards though, so double check them before you use them! Otherwise, the place is not that bad

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Gardena,CA. I thought the hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Also, every morning they had free hot fresh coffee and muffins. The only draw back was it was in a isolated area and appeared to be a stop for truckers to rest. The trucks taken up a lot of valuable, limited parking spaces.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I woke up to ants crawling on me. Ants were all in the windows! No maid service.. dishes dirty when we got here..The hotel charges 15% tax each day u stay here. We stayed 5 days and had to pay $170 tax on top of pre tax!!! Ive been to other hotels in California and never experienced tax that high!!!! Dont come here go somewhere else for better prices.. when we arrive they had people in front hanging out and trashy girls that look like prostitutes talking to every guy they seen!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tyniqua
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Tyniqua - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room was not clean and that you were not made aware of our daily tax rate before check-in. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. With this in mind, we take your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at Las@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I would say prices have increased after California wide TV & radio ad campaign

bathroom fixtures are old & some of the nickel plating have rusted

other hotel chains have renovated with impeccable bathroom fixtures, such as full size bath tub, free shampoo sachets, parquet flooring

ESA @ Gardena offers only pre-fab shower. If I didn't want to shower; but only wash my feet, I would need to get wet in process.

the bed at ESA/Gardena is always an issue.

Red Roof Inn had space for 2 KING size bed, extended stay Gardena offered only a twin bed; not big enough for 2 full grown husband & wife.

i do not see value for $ anymore at extended stay; kitchenette & fridge & microwave notwithstanding

it would be less expensive to stay @ apartment in downtown LA next to Union Station on a month to month basis

even the 32 in LCD screen @ ESA/Gardena is starting to get 'grainy'

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I checked in late and was offered toothpaste, coffee and was very pleased with my requests. I will recommend this hotel to my family when they come in July. Hopefully the hotel will accept 4 rooms full of woman and children that are ready to have a good time

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our overall view of this hotel was excellent compared to other places we stayed in before coming to Extended Stay America. The location is quite and beautiful. The rooms were big and very clean. I also love the idea of them having the kitchenette in the rooms. The staffs were helpful and friendly. We've been in this area for 3wks now and our previous two weeks were spent at some filthy hotel/motels. Thanks Extended Stay America for a great stay.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is very much appreciated by the entire staff. It lets us know we are accomplishing our goal in providing our guests with a comfortable, clean room at an affordable price. We hope to see you again on your next visit to beautiful Los Angeles South!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I came here out of an emergency because the place I was staying for my relocation to Los Angeles was completely filthy and disorganized and the area was known for crime. So that freaked me out being new to Los Angeles. So I came here because so many hotels near LAX were booked. I had an okay stay. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. My room was clean. The bathroom was clean. My only complaints were the internet, the building, and cable. The free wireless internet service didn't work at all during my stay. I tried to even go downstairs to get better signal and it didn't work. I had no phone signal for my data! I'm thinking that was a result of the building because there was literally nothing. Luckily I was able to still use the phone. My last complaint was the cable. There wasn't many channels. So I didn't watch tv at all. But overall, I had a good experience. Would I stay there again? Probably not because it's far from everything else in LA.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered with your stay. In response to your feedback I will be addressing these issues with our higher management. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardena
2 mi away
Redac Gateway Hotel
#10 of 20 in Torrance
Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South? Share your experiences!