“I had an okay stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Gardena
SA, TX
“I had an okay stay”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I came here out of an emergency because the place I was staying for my relocation to Los Angeles was completely filthy and disorganized and the area was known for crime. So that freaked me out being new to Los Angeles. So I came here because so many hotels near LAX were booked. I had an okay stay. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. My room was clean. The bathroom was clean. My only complaints were the internet, the building, and cable. The free wireless internet service didn't work at all during my stay. I tried to even go downstairs to get better signal and it didn't work. I had no phone signal for my data! I'm thinking that was a result of the building because there was literally nothing. Luckily I was able to still use the phone. My last complaint was the cable. There wasn't many channels. So I didn't watch tv at all. But overall, I had a good experience. Would I stay there again? Probably not because it's far from everything else in LA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered with your stay. In response to your feedback I will be addressing these issues with our higher management. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Very good value considering the location. I stayed for 3 months, for work. I had one problem with getting bit in my sleep. I didnt see any bed bugs but there had to be something. Staff didnt seem concerned they just wanted to move me to another room. I didn't wanna just move and take whatever it was with me! I wanted the room sprayed and the problem investigated. Anyway i googled "how to look for bed bugs". Flipped the mattress and found filth! The matress was nasty! No telling what was in it. So I asked for a new mattress and showed Jose, the maintenance guy the mattress. After days of no response from staff. Jose knocked on my door with a brand new mattress. He was also the only one who checked back to make sure everything was ok. Other than that my stay was ok. It was pretty quiet and I slept during the day.People complained about the grab and go breakfast but all I used was the coffee. Oh yeah and the channel selection sucks.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank dp205
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, the entire staff is retrained again on how to solve these types of issues. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at 310-515-5139 if you have any other additional comments. Thank you again for your review.
frequent traveler
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently spent three nights in the area while handling personal matters (NOT a vacation). I selected this hotel for convenience of location and for the low price per night. The hotel is very close to the 405, and while there are no restaurants within walking distance, there is a shopping plaza with grocery store, Krispy Kreme, etc. about a mile away. Free wifi in the rooms, and each unit is equipped with kitchen, stove, and a couple of pots and pans. For the price, the hotel is not bad. I would not choose this as a vacation venue by any means (no fitness center, no pool, designed to be spare / practical rather than luxurious) but it was functional. I did not originally like my room (sticky floors) and was immediately switched to another one with no fuss.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed some of the amenities we provide however I was disappointed that the first room assigned to you had sticky floor. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I assure you that it will not happen again. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
gardena ca
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This review is to recognize a great employee working at this location. Karen Medina is a great employee she's wonderful at multitasking,speaks very well,and demonstrates excellent customer service. if your in need of something hopefully its while karen is on shift im sure your experience will be the same.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our property and most importantly the positive recognition of the staff. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to recognize some of our employees and share your experience regarding your stay with us. Again, thank you for your review and looking forward to your next stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Gardena hotels

Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Karen had excellent customer service. She was polite and very nice. The room was clean and neat. Every question that I had was answers correctly and in matter of seconds. The breakfast could have been a little better but overall I had a excellent experience here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that the staff was able to make you feel at home during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is tucked away and very cozy. I loved my experience and will definitely stay again. There was ample parking, which i loved and the staff were very welcoming. I will refer my colleagues here also.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Carson, California
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Check in starts at 3:00 PM. We arrived about 3:30 and was advised that our room was not ready. It would take about fifteen minutes. We were informed by the desk clerk that the delay was due to new bedding and comforters for our room. There were no new comforter or bedding in our room. Now, if she was talking about mattresses, maybe, we didn't check. The sheets were not new nor was the comforter. Ten minutes after being in the room, we discovered the toilet didn't flush. we called the front desk and the manager came up and said that the maintenance guy was gone for the day and that she would have him come first thing in the morning. We advised, we were sure we would need to use the toilet before morning. The problem with the toilet was the water pressure. The option was another room, but no queen bed. We declined and said we would wait for maintenance in the morning. We were told for the inconvience, we would be given
a certificate for a free night. We called the front desk the next morning and the clerk didn't have any idea what we were talking about. The manager didn't do what she said she would do. The desk clerk, Lisa, was very apologetic and got maintenance to the room right away. She had great
customer service skills. She kept apologizing and my husband told her it wasn't her error. Mr Ramon of maintenance was quite prompt with tools and towels. It took about fifteen to twenty minutes for the toilet to be fixed. We had to call back because there was a small leak from the toilet. Mr Ramon fixed it in just a few minutes. We thought everything from then on would be great. Then, there was a family of three uninvited guests. Roaches...My husband killed them immediately. We were uncomfortable not knowing if there would be any other uninvited guests. The next day, we saw an exterminator in a room down and across from us. He told us that he would spray. We saw no more uninvited guests.

Room Tip: Apparently, all of the rooms with queen size beds are all the way at the end of the long halls.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Los Angeles - South. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning toilet and misunderstanding with our Staff. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each toilet and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardena
Gardena Terrace Inn
Motel 6 Carson
Motel 6 Carson
#3 of 5 in Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South? Share your experiences!