“Our first and last romantic rendez-vous at "this" Extended Stay.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Gardena
Carson, California
“Our first and last romantic rendez-vous at "this" Extended Stay.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Check in starts at 3:00 PM. We arrived about 3:30 and was advised that our room was not ready. It would take about fifteen minutes. We were informed by the desk clerk that the delay was due to new bedding and comforters for our room. There were no new comforter or bedding in our room. Now, if she was talking about mattresses, maybe, we didn't check. The sheets were not new nor was the comforter. Ten minutes after being in the room, we discovered the toilet didn't flush. we called the front desk and the manager came up and said that the maintenance guy was gone for the day and that she would have him come first thing in the morning. We advised, we were sure we would need to use the toilet before morning. The problem with the toilet was the water pressure. The option was another room, but no queen bed. We declined and said we would wait for maintenance in the morning. We were told for the inconvience, we would be given
a certificate for a free night. We called the front desk the next morning and the clerk didn't have any idea what we were talking about. The manager didn't do what she said she would do. The desk clerk, Lisa, was very apologetic and got maintenance to the room right away. She had great
customer service skills. She kept apologizing and my husband told her it wasn't her error. Mr Ramon of maintenance was quite prompt with tools and towels. It took about fifteen to twenty minutes for the toilet to be fixed. We had to call back because there was a small leak from the toilet. Mr Ramon fixed it in just a few minutes. We thought everything from then on would be great. Then, there was a family of three uninvited guests. Roaches...My husband killed them immediately. We were uncomfortable not knowing if there would be any other uninvited guests. The next day, we saw an exterminator in a room down and across from us. He told us that he would spray. We saw no more uninvited guests.

Room Tip: Apparently, all of the rooms with queen size beds are all the way at the end of the long halls.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Los Angeles - South. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning toilet and misunderstanding with our Staff. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each toilet and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Qingdao
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel/motel is strategically located around the 405, 110 & 91 Artesia freeways.

Kitchenette with two electric hot stoves come complete with pots, frying pan & plates, along with knife spoon & forks.
also with toaster & coffee maker

room is 50% faux parquet floor & 50% carpeting.

once you step into room, the kitchenette is immediately to left or right depending on room.

I was assigned room on 1st floor Nov 14; went to San Fran over weekend & checked in again, Sunday Nov 18 to room on 2nd floor

bathroom is large & wheelchair accessible. Prefab shower comes with overhead sprinkler head

room is small; comes with a queen bed

good for 1 person; bed & room is too small for a couple

room has many electric sockets. clothes rack; but never enuf coat hangers,

comes equipped with iron & ironing board.

toaster & fridge makes it convenient to make own breakfast; instead of having to step out of room or hotel for breakfast

coffee maker in room; but would rather have water boiler to brew own tea

room needs fumigating; saw baby cockroach on ceiling

32 inch LCD screen TV makes for viewing that NFL game much more comfortable

good value 4 $; but late chek in & early check out a real bummer

i wud still recommend it for families with kids; but get a 2 bedder & hopefully beds are larges & room is more spacious

in house laundry room @ $2 per wash; bring own detergent if you have to,

Room Tip: if you're carrying lots of bags, ask front desk for luggage trolley. These are normally stored o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Los Angeles - South. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. We take your concern very seriously and assure you that we do work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Let me start by saying that I read reviews carefully so that one rates it a 1 and talks about how bad everything was, and there are better reviews, I tend to ignore the bad one as there are those people that just have a very negative attitude and they want a 5 star comfort for the price of a 3.

I called to say I would be checking maybe by midnight or later, the friendly gal said no problem. As I drove to the hotel, was pleasantly surprised how big it was with plenty of well lit parking and quiet neighborhood.
She walked me to my room and carpeting, paint was very clean almost new. The room was large with a cooktop, microwave, coffee maker with wraped cups and glassed and silverware, plus pots and pans and slim TV maybe a 32". Oh! there was of course the coffee/sugar etc.
There was a small amount of water bypassing the "flapper" but barely noticeable. Me being a landlord pay attention to sm. leaks as they can make your water bill very high. I notified the desk next day.
I would have given this hotel 5 stars but at 9 am there was no "breakfast". The gal said that the clients helped themselves to 2/3 instead of the one of each item. AND probably those are the same people that complain about everything.
Hope this has helped you. Less than a block away from the 405 San Diego Frwy. easy access both direccions. And about 16 min. to downtown Long Beach.
I didn't rate the pool as I did not see one or would have used it. Same for restaurant, but there is a Denny's abut 2 miles. The gal printed me directions.
YOu're nice they are nice.

Room Tip: I had # 108 first floor close to the front desk. I asked for a couple hangers as they were prlbably...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tonydatigers1
Extended Stay A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, November 9, 2012

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Absolutely love this extended stay, the rooms were spotless and quiet. All the amenities were amazing and the staff made me feel like I was family. Anything I needed they were there at beck and call Brittney and Estela made my 1 night stay experience turn into a week long paradise. I recommend this location to anyone looking for Excellent service, a clean stay and a comfortable mood.

• Stayed August 2012
Extended Stay A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, September 20, 2012

Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Im Carl Johnson and i work for AT&T. I travel all over the U.S, And my job books me at any hotel i please! From the high classy Beverly Hills style to the regular best western. But all in all i choose Extended Stays. My experience with the management team Brittany and her staff are some of the best people & and professionals in the world! It's so hard to find places to staywhen your out on the road that makes u feel like home away from home! So im gladly to offer my best & deepest generosity to them! PS: May i add a suggestion that this establishment so offer light breakfast service. like pancakes, eggs, bacon, waffles or the waffle makers so the guests can do it there self. And a few more cooking utensils! Like whisp, non-stick pots & pans.

Thanks & Godbless you all!

• Stayed August 2012
Extended Stay A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Economy Los Angeles - South. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Rowland Heights, California
Reviewed August 11, 2012

the morning lady in the lobby was very grouchy. yet the afternoon/evenining lady named Stephanie is the nicest lady you will ever meet.

the manager wasnt very helpful either, she was quite snobby!
the laundry facilities were dirty and very expensive.
in the morning when they advertise grab and go breakfast...there wasn't anything to grab and go with. I checked back several times to find nothing there. and the lady at the desk watched you like a hawk to make sure you would only take one. I recall her name was stella.

maintainance guys were very nice and did what they could do in their power to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Extended Stay A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Los Angeles - South. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

i have read some of the reviews and i must say some of you are not truthful.
ive been at the extended stay for some time now, and i have not had ants nor have i had bed bugs, but i keep my room clean so maybe thats why. i really love this place and the service they provide, from the management to the housekeeping and GSR . this place is clean and they have it together here. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who ask.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Los Angeles – LAX Airport.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles – South takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

It was a pleasure having you stay at our location and hope to see you soon.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardena
Gardena Terrace Inn
#3 of 5 in Carson
Redondo Beach Inn
Redondo Beach Inn
#5 of 14 in Gardena

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South? Share your experiences!