“The best hotel for its price!”

Gardena Terrace Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Gardena
“The best hotel for its price!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to have a little get-a-way weekend just for us since life has been stressful lately. We had a very low budget since we wanted to stay for only one night, but needless to say, I didn't want to stay at a dirty motel/hotel.

I searched online for different places for a good two hours or so, (I'm very picky) - I found some places that were in our price range, had good reviews, but weren't in the area we wanted. I found some places with SOME good reviews and SOME bad ones too.. But when I found The Gardena Terrace Inn, there were NO BAD REVIEWS, it had NOTHING BUT GOOD REVIEWS, and it was close by to where we lived. I was a little surprised since I didn't find anything like The Gardena Terrace Inn.

The other reviews say that the owners, (husband & wife), are friendly and are very welcoming, other reviews say that the hotel is very clean, and it was recently renovated, so that's what made me decide to stay here for our very, very short stay.

Overall, we had a GREAT stay at The Gardena Terrace Inn, only complaint I have is the phones at the front desk. My boyfriend and I had to call literally about ten times until we finally talked to someone because the phone kept cutting off. I had service, so maybe connection problems at the hotel?

Anyways, I didn't want to give up on this place, (that's why I kept calling), cause I had a feeling it was going to be a good place to stay and I'm glad I went with my gut feeling. I definitely, definitely recommend The Garden Terrace Inn to anyone that's looking for a place to stay in the South Bay Area! Affordable, QUIET hotel, CLEAN, amazing room with COMFORTABLE bed, FREE wifi, AND with friendly/nice owners? What more could you want for a hotel?! STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Patricia_tpsk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The woman at the front desk was so friendly and polite. Super easy check in, clean, newly-remodeled rooms, great housekeeping.

The woman at the front desk asked if we were interested in the jacuzzi suite. We said no due to our limited budget, and a couple days later the woman calls us and says that she was able to upgrade us for free. Wow!

Super friendly staff, great value. Will definitely be back next time im in california.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joel S
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were warmly greeted by the managers who are two sweet married couple that lives in the building. They made their service available 24 hours. They went above and beyond to help us feel at home and provided recommendations on places to go and how to get there. The room was contemporary looking and clean. However, it lacked decorations which it could have used some pictures or flowers on the table to spruce it up. The microwave was in an odd place on the bathroom sink counter. All the appliances were up to date and clean though. It appeared that some of the shower items were used and not replaced, but we used our own products though. The complimentary coffee and breakfast danishes were average. Overall the hotel served it's purpose providing a comfortable roof over our head along with it's wonderful customer service. The location is fabulous if you enjoy Asian food. The Vietnamese noodle house and Korean bakery were top notch! A farmer's market is available too not too far from the hotel.

Room Tip: We made our reservation through priceline which was higher than what the hotel offered, so call ahea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank yasa m
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found Gardena Terrace Inn on Orbitz.com with an awesome low price and great reviews. Didn't know much about the area but noticed it was 20 mins from LA and Hermosa and Manhattan beaches, so I booked a room for two nights with a King size bed. You could drive right by the place, which I did, but once I got in there, I was pleasantly surprised. Very friendly, family oriented staff, immaculately clean room, and beautiful 'open to the outdoor' layouts made this a great place to return after spending the day at the beach or in the Hollywood Hills. A great option for those on a budget who aren't afraid to go a little navigating off the beaten path.

Room Tip: Either get the King size bed for approx. $75 or spend approx. $50 more for a room with a jacuzzi. Bo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rayannin S
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Upon our arrival the staff was very, very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed! The facility was very clean, and was very inviting.
After forgetting my bags in my room, the staff allowed me to come back, re-enter my room and collect my things, all without being charged an added fee.
I will be back!
Thanks Gardena Terrace Inn Staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MarcBusko
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Affordable, staff was extremely nice n helpful. Not the greatest tourist area but cool for a short stay. Enjoyed tasty bbq at jay bee's bbq in compton. Hustler casino in the area had tasty, affordable food in the upstairs lounge. Hotel is a remodeled facility.We rented a car to tour the city-horrid traffic. Would stay again-very affordable to be in the metro area.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank dday1
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I think the Gardena Terrace Inn is a great hotel and I recommend it to everyone! I have been staying here off and on for the past 6 months as I have been slowly relocating back to the South Bay. The hotel was recently renovated and I think they did a great job. The rooms have a very chic, modern and young feel to them which also appeal to both men and women. My boyfriend has stayed here with me many times and this is also his favorite hotel in the area. They have a variety of rooms to choose from. They have standard rooms w/ single and double beds and then they also have suites (both Jacuzzi suites and kitchenette suites). The kitchenette suites actually have a complete stove w/oven and a dishwasher. My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of being the first couple to stay in the third floor Jacuzzi suite since the renovation/re-opening and the Jacuzzi suite(s) are amazing! (I have actually since stayed in both of them.) They are located in the very front of the building and the wall facing the street is made up entirely of windows from floor to ceiling which I think is a neat factor. The Jacuzzi suites also have their own private patios. The Jacuzzi tubs are nice, new, big and most of all clean. The Jacuzzi tubs comfortably fit 2 people unlike the Jacuzzi tubs in most other hotels. There is also an oversized walk-in shower in both of the Jacuzzi suite(s) which also easily accommodate 2 people. The couple that run the hotel are very nice, sweet people. They always make sure I am comfortable and that everything is in order however they give me my space. I look forward to seeing them each time I come back to the Gardena Terrace Inn. Last their rates are very reasonable and I think their rooms are competitive with most of the 4 star hotels around while offering 2 star hotel rates.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suites are the best rooms if you have the extra $ to spend!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ashley77777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardena
Best Western Plus Gardena Inn & Suites
#4 of 14 in Gardena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale

Been to Gardena Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!