“Best hand made udon noodles!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kotohira Restaurant

Kotohira Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 290 Restaurants in Gardena
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Southern Cal
“Best hand made udon noodles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Trying the udon is a must! Luckily there are many combination meals to choose from, so I can have the udon with whatever else I'm in the mood for. My favorites are the udon with tempura, udon with grilled fish, or udon with Inari sushi. I turned my parents onto this place, we ate here every time they came to visit me.

• Visited September 2011

Aiea, Hawaii
“Great hand made udon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Used to eat here all the time while living in so. cal.. Place never disappoints. Noodles are super fresh, and the broth is flavorful. Now I travel with my family and they all love the food as well. It is usually our last meal in L.A. on our way to LAX from Anaheim. Here or TamPoPo. Both good.

• Visited June 2011
Monterey Park, California
“Hole in the wall Japanese place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Unique menu, and you actually get full. I got a curry chicken bowl with udon noodles. It was huge. I couldn't finish it all I had to take some home.The free potato salad and pickled cucumber is good. Also you get unlimited hot tea.

Visited February 2012
Gardena, California
“Good Japanese food for a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

The udon is very good. I usually order it "dry" and use the house sauce for flavoring. I like the combinations and all the food is good.
I have been many times over the past 15 years.
The service is sometimes slow because there is usually one waitress for the whole place. Food is excellent

• Visited March 2012
LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

On rare occasions, you might find yourself chilled to the bone here in California. Perhaps you just want a tasty, hot bowl of udon or really hungry for solid good food. This place is a must. It is a little obscure but quite a gem. Decorated like a steamy, hole in the wall somewhere in Okinawa, you really feel you might just be there. The ladies serve you with a scurry and a smile. Many times, I've enjoyed the provincial music of Inka genre while waiting for my meal. After my order arrives, I forget everything and really enjoy the gastonomical delights this place has offered. Great place to hang out with friends and family. I haven't had anything disappointing yet.