“Good Chinese food in the South Bay”

Sea Empress Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 291 Restaurants in Gardena
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Good Chinese food in the South Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

A bit price than some other places, but good Chinese food and dim sum in the South Bay.

My brother had his wedding banquet here, and there was a nice side entrance from the garden for the guests to enter.

As we had 20 tables, the food was mass-produced and not as beautifully presented, but it still tasted good. I liked the fried rice with asparagus and the baked tapioca pudding.

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“Dimsum is authentic...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Im a frequent Hong Kong traveler and i enjoy the food there specially Dimsum. I can safely say that Sefood Empress' dimsum is close to the real thing if not at par. Very Delicious and authentic! Variety is huge and the carts are "busy". Service can improve but not bad at all. Just be ready for the long lines specially on weekends.

• Visited February 2012
Santa Ana, California
“We had a huge table, and everything was taken care of wonderfully.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Ours was a very large party, and we did not even try to make reservations, but when we arrived and gave our number, the waiter effortlessly created a table large enough to house us all. We were so pleased. Everything on the menu looked great and by taking the advice and direction of the waiter, we had a wonderful meal. This is certainly not the first time we have been here, and it won't be the last. We especially enjoyed the Moo Shu . . .which had wonderful vegetables and meat put into a crepe and served with plumb sauce. Yummy!

Visited September 2011
Manhattan Beach
“Terrific Dim Sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My friend and I are "round-eyes" and decided we wanted to try dim sum. I only state this to confirm that we were a bit "out of our element" - but eager to explore for good food. We definitely found good food at Sea Empress. We both thought the food was great - and how anyone could claim that it is expensive is beyond me. I will return with my wife & friends to enjoy the food, decor, and pleasant service.

• Visited August 2011
Santa Ana, California
“Everything is wonderful, give anything a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife and I regularly go to the Sea Empress and continually enjoy the cuisine. We have visited China on five different trips and still think that the food we find here in Gardena is superior to what we've eaten in China. We just cannot recommend it highly enough. Very often folks are hesitant to try new things, but in the afternoon when the restaurant offers Dim Sum, you can actually look at the dish before you buy, and ask any questions that you may have. We highly recommend this favorite place of ours!

• Visited January 2011