“Just about the best BBQ available in southern Los Angeles County!”

Jay Bee's House of Fine Bar-B-Que
Ranked #67 of 299 Restaurants in Gardena
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The place is nothing to look at, but the food is absolutely fantastic. We decided to have "take out", and so when our faces were a mess with that wondeful BBQ sauce, we didn't have to worry about anyone looking at us. It is just great and you should not miss this place if you like BBQ. The location has been featured on that television program: "Diners, Drive-Inns and Dives". It was worth it!

2  Thank Fatbird1
There are newer reviews for Jay Bee's House of Fine Bar-B-Que

Reviewed May 4, 2010

I enjoy a BBQ beef sandwich with medium sauce. Hot link sandwich hits the spot as well. If you're in the area try it for yourself.

2  Thank TRUTH2025
Reviewed April 17, 2009

After getting ramped up on all the hype surrounding Jay Bee's BBQ - INCLUDING a spot on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives apparently, my friend and I decided to brave the Los Angeles traffic and take a drive to lovely Gardena for lunch. Jay Bee's certainly qualifies as a Dive, but my experience is these places have some of the most wonderful food so for me 'dive' was a bonus.

My friend and I ordered a number of things, Slabs of both beef and pork ribs, one shoulder meat 'meal' and one pork ribs 'meal' - both meals with slaw and BBQ beans. Starting with the sides, the slaw wasn't worth mentioning and I did not eat more than the one bite it took to determine that, however, the BBQ beans were likely the best I have EVER had! On to the meat, I first tried the shoulder meat, the sauce was tasty and the meat was pretty tender however a little dry. Next the pork ribs in the 'lunch portion', they were also tasty but these were very dry and on the ends the meat was a bit like chewing leather. The Pork and Beef 'Slabs' were to be taken home to eat later for dinner. When reheated (in the microwave) they seemed to be considerably less dry than the lunch portions and they had wonderful flavor.

So, while I was not inspired to go back to Jay Bee's a second time, if you are in the area and in the mood for BBQ, it would be worth a stop.

2  Thank Sunnys_Day
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 30, 2008

authentic, tasty pork ribs. Even the mac n cheese was good, that's rare in these parts.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Everyone knows that my mom is the BBQ Queen, however, this Neely's joint is the best spot in town until my mom throws down the gauntlet.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook