“Scrumptious”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have been lunching at Eatalian Cafe since it opened. The location is odd, the parking not so great, but the food is amazing. The pizza is thin crusted with just the right amount of topping - not over done. I've had several of the pasta dishes and my favorite is the Tortelli di Zucca (butternut squash ravioli). Wonderful gelato...I've been known to go by there just for some gelato in the afternoon. They have cannoli in two sizes - large and small - and the small comes 3 to an order. The food is scrumptious, the ambiance is industrial, and the noise level is high. Go for the food!

There are newer reviews for Eatalian Cafe

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Their thin crust pizza with prosciutto had excellent prosciutto, but that was the only thing going for it. There was no texture or flavor to it. If you like matzo bread, you will like this "pizza". I am a huge fan of of a Napoli style thin crust, but this one did not work for me.

The grilled vegetable salad was one of the best plates we ate all night. Simply grilled eggplant, red and yellow peppers, onions, and zucchini in a balsamic glaze was done simply and perfectly.

My friend Dar ordered the spaghetti carbonara which was so bland she added salt to make it palatable. I tasted it and found it lacking any depth or richness, which is the whole point of a carbonara!

I ordered the spaghetti puttanesca which promised a spicy anchovy flavor and delivered only a salty pasta with olives, capers, and the barest hint of anchovy and pepper. I will never order this dish here again.

We were all happy with the gelato ending of our meal, but my South Bay friends (who have been here many times before) apologized profusely for the meal we ate. I told them that they did not cook it, so they had no reason to apologize.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This restaurant is really good but in the most random location! I never would have even noticed it driving through this warehouse district if I wasn't meeting someone there. Although the outside facade is very unassuming, the food inside is delicious. Everything is made fresh and you can see that as soon as you enter the space with it's very open floorplan. I really enjoyed the thin crust pizza. I look forward to going back and trying other things on the menu.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am not an Italian food lover but this place rocks! The Baked Lasgana, Linguni with Clams and the Pizza are awesome. The Gnochi is one of the best I've eaten. Very crowded on the weekends and you'll wait if you get there past 6PM. The gelato is also a nice topper to a fabulous dinner. This place is in a seedy area so exercise caution. However, worth every bit of the "risk".

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This truly is an Italian restaurant with great food, excellent service, at a reasonable price that is located in a warehouse area of Gardena. What it lacks in a nice location it more than compensates for it with the best Italian food I can remember since being in Italy. We had been told the place is very busy and there is wait. I can understand why. We arrived early and were served by an Italian waitress who was charming.

The restaurant specializes in thin crust pizza but you would never know it as everything else on this very extensive menu is perfectly prepared. We noticed that many families or parties shared most of their food. They would begin with a couple of entrees and then order several more later. This way everyone could sample several entrees and pizzas.

They serve wine and beer and there is a gelato bar in the back. You order the gelato you want and they include it on your tab for the table.

This excellent Italian restaurant is obviously not a secret so I guess other won't mind me sharing its existence. Oh yes, they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Go there hungry. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Wolfe_Photography

Been to Eatalian Cafe? Share your experiences!