1,336 results
All reviewswafflesfront deskparking lothot itemsfree breakfastbucca dishuttle servicefresh fruitkiddie poolconvention centerbreakfast staffevery morningwould definitely stay here againnear disneylandhot tubdisney fireworksgreat place to stay
Reviewed November 3, 2010

There is a picture of what someone said was a rat in the pool. The mans wife then said it was an oppossum. Big difference. Ive stayed at the hotel and it was great ever since Mr. Thomas Long became the manager. Did the hotel handle the situation about the pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
hamanaheimgg, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2010

Thank you for you kind words. We tried to do all we can to take care of our guests’ needs while providing excellence service to our guests. To answer your question, yes the pool situation was handled immediately. This was an unfortunate situation where a possum wandered on to the pool area and fell in the pool. That was the first time in the hotel’s history that something like that had happen but is was taken care of by the staff immediately.
I thank you for being one of our honored guests and I also thank you for standing up for the hotel. We look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Had a great stay here. All the staff were friendly and helpful; we especially appreciated seeing the manager do walk-throughs of the breakfast area to ask if everything were to our satisfaction. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated: bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious, with plenty of counter space and storage. All in all, a perfectly fine night at a great value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Disneyland area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

We look forward to your return visit with us and and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great place to stay if you want value, free breakfast, Disneyland, location. It was noisey and not as clean as most Hampton Inns I've stayed at. The pool was full of kids, not really quiet like I prefer. I could walk to many restaurants, with bars, which I did like. The location for me was good to get onto the freeways to get around LA area. It's a good central location for what I wanted. The business center was fine, internet was slow. Front desk people weren't as professional as in other Hampton's I've stayed at, but they cater to families visiting Disneyland, not solo travelers like me. For the price it was a good choice and the room had decent ammenities. I would recommend the hotel, but not if you want quiet relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We take all feedback very seriously. I know that the noise is an issue that you stated and we are taking measures to reduce the outside noise from the various buses and shuttles. We continue to update and refine our accommodates so that we can meet and exceed our guest expectations.

We look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I just returned home from a trip to Disneyland with my family to celebrate both of our kid's birthdays over the weekend. I thought it would be appropriate to bring to your attention some concerns and feedback regarding my recent stay at one of your properties. I am a loyal Hilton customer and will NEVER stay at this property again (and we stay TWICE a year in Anaheim for our summer and fall vacations).

Upon arrival on Friday, October 8 (after a 6 hour drive from Phoenix), I approached the front desk clerk to check in. I asked the front desk clerk if there were any upgrades available as a Gold VIP. He checked and told me that he could only upgrade me for one night because the hotel was sold out after that. I told him not to worry about it (although it would have been nice). After what seemed like 10-15 minutes, I FINALLY received my keys and proceeded to load the luggage from the car and onto the cart.

I then proceeded to haul everything up to the 7th floor to my room. Upon opening the door, I found that I had been given a King Standard room when I had reserved a King Family room. I then hauled all of my luggage back into the elevator (which took forever) and went back to the front desk to speak with someone about my room assignment. Another front desk clerk (female) asked what she could do to help. I explained the situation and asked her to double check my reservation. She told me that there was nothing else available and handed me back my key. I then told her that I would go out to the car to get my reservation paperwork to prove that I had reserved a King Family room. Upon my return, she apparently WAS able to find a King Family room available and explained that they had overbooked this room type. This is now about 20-30 minutes after my arrival and my wife and kid's were waiting in the car.

I then hauled all of the luggage up to the second floor and found my room to be right by the elevator. Check my Gold HH Preferences... I prefer a high floor AWAY from the elevator. Unbelievable! We were SO tired that I didn't feel like going back down to the front desk AGAIN to straighten this mess out. We just took the room and decided we would make the best of it. Very noisy as it was right above the breakfast area and by the elevator. The air conditioner was also extremely noisy.

The next morning I went down to the "fitness center" to work out and found a very small exercise room with ONE treadmill and ONE elliptical machine. Quite a small facility for the size of the hotel. After my workout, I got some coffee and went to sit by the pool to cool off. After about 15 minutes I noticed something swimming in the pool. I got up and took a closer look. It appeared to be a large RAT (see attached picture). After I showed my wife, she told me that it was probably an opossum. Obviously after this there was NO WAY I was going to take my kid's into the pool swimming as we had intended to do. I showed the picture to the front desk clerk who apologized and told me she would call maintenance.

Fast forward to the last day of our stay (Monday). We left on Monday at around 8:30a and returned about 2:00p to rest for a while. Our room was NOT recovered at that point. We put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign for about 2 hours while we rested. We left around 4:00p. We took the sign off the door and said hello to the housekeeper who was cleaning the room right next door. When we returned about 10:00p that night, our room STILL HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED. We had towels on the floor, overflowing trash and an unmade bed! I called the front desk who apologized and offered to send up some towels. The next morning I spoke with someone at the front desk about it who took off the last night charges.

I have stayed at MANY Hilton properties ALL around the country over the years for both business and personal reasons and have NEVER had an experience as poor as this one. The overall customer service is lacking at this hotel. The front desk people won't even look you in the eye, smile or say thank you. They certainly don't address you by name as they should. Something needs to be done immediately.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank phoenixtraveler1

Valued Guest,
Again we apologize for your unpleasant experience. Due to unexpected circumstances your reserved room was unavailable at the time of check-in. While we normally do not go into details about the inner workings of the hotel, I believe this was one of the occasions that more details are warranted.
First the room type was unavailable at check-in because maintenance was being performed on the room do to damage that had occurred from a previous guest. When a room is not guest ready we will not sell it. When a hotel is in a sold out situation any room that has to be taken out of inventory has a negative effect on our guest. We at the Hampton Inn are conscious of this and do all we can to make sure that our guests are taken care of. This was one of the reasons we had maintenance personnel working on the room on the evening of your visit. Fortunately, our maintenance staff was able to get the room back in service and you were able to check into the room. As for guest preferences, we also do what we can to meet every preference. We come as close as we can to meet that preference. Trying to match the room type and the desired location can be difficult at times especially in a sold out situation. When several guests are checking in with similar request we try to accommodate everyone. On occasion, some guest preferences cannot be met because the option is not available on the day of arrival. Noted was your request of an upgrade. The team member stated that she could upgrade you for one night but the room type was not available for your entire stay. This is a case of the hotel trying to meet a request and work within the framework of what we had available. Since GOLD and DIAMOND members aren’t entitled to a complimentary upgrade at Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn properties, this was an example of the hotel attempting to meet and exceed your expectation. We here believe that even though the complimentary upgrade is not a benefit that is currently offered by the brand, it is still an expectation of our high level honors members and we try to provide it whenever we can.
Secondly, as you are aware we have a beautiful outdoor pool area with a waiting pool, Jacuzzi and full size pool. This area is gated and secure. On the day in question a possum slipped through the fence and fell into the pool. In the eleven years of this hotels existence this is the first time this has happened. However, this situation is similar to a fly entering the hotel because a door was left open or a stray dog wandering into your yard. These are all events that can happen even though every effort are taken to ensure that they don’t. As soon as the hotel staff noticed that this had happen the situation was quickly taken care of. We handled this situation like we handle all of our situations, as quickly and as prompt as possible. Some mornings guest drop food in our lobby while they are taking their morning breakfast from the breakfast area to their rooms. If you are standing next to the guest when it happens you will see the food spill on the floor. However, within minutes of the event occurring, the hotel staff springs into action to clean up the mess helping to insure that additional guest are not impacted by the mess.
Finally, I understand that your guest experience was negatively impacted by the issues that occurred during your stay. While there could be reasons why things happen the way they did we understand that it did not live up to your expectations. For this reason we evoked the 100% Hampton Guarantee for you. We here at the Hampton Inn and Suites believe in our 100% promise. That is why we as a hotel make this statement to all of our guests.
You have been kind enough to choose our home while visiting the area and we are grateful. We have 3 main goals for your stay:

1. Extend exceptional and excellence service;
2. Provide you with outstanding accommodations;
3. Exceed each and every one of your expectations.
It is our promise and our goal to live up to these principles or we will make it right for guest. This is our promise and that is being 100% Hampton.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

The room was fine, and I loved the free breakfast (you can't beat free!). We did have some issues with the hotel. The first night we were there someone was doing laundry at 12:30 at night, which is fine but they put there lock out so everytime the door would close it would bang. After the third time my finace got up and told the woman she was being inconsiderate. He also went down stairs to complain, the attendant at the front desk told him that they couldn't do anything once someone had started laundry. Second night we came home after a fun filled day and wanted to jump in the hot tub, we got outside and there were bugs in it. We asked the attendant if he could call someone to skim the hot tub, he said he would call our room once it was completed. We never heard from him. The hotel did have comfortable beds, was clean, and is close to Disney.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Operations_Manager1, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Anaheim/Garden Grove, during your recent visit to the Anaheim Resort Area.
I apologize, for it seems that we didn't exceed your expectations during your last visit. We strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to having the opportunity of having you stay with us again. Your satisfaction is our #1 goal!