I just returned from a fab trip to Disneyland from Sep. 30-Oct. 4, 2006. I took my 4 year old by myself because Daddy had to work, and the Hampton Inn Garden Grove met our needs exceptionally well.
All the Hampton Inns have recently been refurbished with brand new, soft-but-supportive, comfy mattresses, thick linens and ultra cushy pillows. Not to mention a dreamy soft duvet cover! You couldn't ask for better sleep; the perfect end to a long, tiring day at the Disney parks.
The Hampton Inns have also increased their breakfast options to a virtual buffet. On any given morning, there was a selection of hot fresh eggs and sausage (in differing styles, sometimes eggs with cheese and diced ham, sometimes egg patties a la McDonalds, perfect to make your own McMuffin, as there were hot biscuits every morning- sausage links, etc), a bowl of fresh fruit salad, in addition to fruit offerings such as bananas, apples and oranges, yogurt, a whole selection of pastries, muffins , bagels and breads, and 4 kinds of cereal, juice bar, hot coffees-teas-cocoa. This is no standard continental fare. We easily filled up before heading out to the park and didn't need to eat again til mid afternoon, saving on buying lunch at the parks.
The only reason I subtracted one star was because the rooms didn't have safes, and I had a portable DVD player I didn't feel comfortable leaving in the room. However the manager was happy to help out by storing it in the office during my stay. Small lockboxes were available at the front desk but could only accomodate paperwork. The rooms did have good-size fridges and microwaves that also seemed new, in addition to the usual coffeepot.
The pool also wasn't in good working order during our stay. Most of the days it had yellow caution tape around it and looked a peculiar shade of green. It is a standard rectangular concrete pool on the side of the building, facing the parking lot, so not too appealing anyway. But hey, we weren't really there to swim anyway, we were there to see Disneyland.
The shuttle bus was only a 2 minute walk (if that) from the front of the hotel; located in front of the Embassy Suites which was situated behind the Hampton Inn, sharing the same parking lot. It was $3 a day for adults (10 and over), free for children under 9, and I got a 5 day pass for the price of 4 days ($12). This was very handy, as you didn't have to worry about driving or parking, and parking at the Disney lots was $10 a day. The shuttles run every 20 minutes, on the hour, so you have to time it well. The last shuttle leaves 30 minutes after the park closes, so that too you have to be careful about or get a cab to take you back! We never had any problems though, and found it very handy. It was only about a 10 minute ride to the parks from the hotel.
All in all, the Hampton Inn has great amenities for an outstanding price, making it the best value on Harbor Blvd. I paid $89.10 per night (+tax) with the Hit the Road special they have going right now. If you want a posh feel to the hotel, go with the Embassy Suites, but if you want a posh feel to your sleep and a full tummy before heading into the parks, with money left over in your wallet for souvenirs, go with the Hampton Inn Garden Grove!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in Garden Grove, CA is located 1 mile from Disneyland(R) Resort. The Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Anaheim-Garden Grove is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast daily and in-room internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles / Anaheim / Garden Grove Hotel Garden Grove
- Hampton Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove Orange County, CA