“Very Nice Hotel But be careful where you park your vehicle!!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Auburn, Washington
“Very Nice Hotel But be careful where you park your vehicle!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The Hampton Inn is a great hotel for those of you that are going to Disneyland. The rooms were very clean and always cleaned very well daily. The breakfast was very good and breakfast items were always fully stocked. Also the shuttle to Disneyland was very easy to take. The only downside to staying at the Hampton Inn is the parking!! The parking lot has very narrow parking stalls. I own a Suburban which I parked away towards the back of the Hotel and sombody hit it trying to squeeze in to the stall next to mine and did about $3,500 dollars worth of damage to it. I do realize this happens, but the person who did this chose the cowardly way out of it and didn't report it. So be careful where you park if you have a larger vehicle. To the Management, please install security camera's in the parking lot area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
hamanaheim, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Thank you for your response. We endeavor to exceed the expecations of all our guest. I do apologize for the damage to your car. We have our parking lot walked frequently by Management, hotel staff as well as patroled by the Garden Grove Police. If you contact the hotel we will file an incident report for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The Hampton Inn & Suites is an EXCEPTIONAL hotel in the Anaheim area, especially for those of you Disneyland bound. Their rooms are super, with a kitchen, living room (with hide-a-bed) and large bedroom. They are so nicely appointed with clean fresh amenities. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. And their service is as exceptional as their accommodations. We've stayed here twice, and have made it our only hotel whenever visiting Anaheim now.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Thanks for the comment. We greatly appreciate all kinds of feedback. It helps us to ensure we meet the expecations of all of our guest. We love having you here at Hampton.
yuba city, ca
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This was a very clean hotel and the decor was really beautiful. They had all dark wood with sage green walls and white comforters. The beds were sooo comfortable! I always bring my own pillow, because hotel pillows usually suck, but the pillows they had were actually better than my own! Also, the comforters did not have that itchy lining like most places. We did have a slight mishap when we first got there...the t.v. was very fuzzy, but they immediately switched us to a new room and the maintenance man helped move us. They had pretty good breakfast as well. They had sausage, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, different cereals, various types of milk, juices, and coffees. It was quite a change from the continental breakfasts I've seen in the past with just coffee and a muffin. They also had nice sized gated courtyard where you could eat as well. I would say that this is a great deal for what you are spending. It is a little more than a mile from Disneyland, which is where we went. Also, tons of food places within walking distance. Bucco Di Beppo is right next door...also a Target is across the street which was nice. Oh yeah, and best of all you had free wireless internet!!! I was able to use my laptop with no issues and could use it in my room without having to be in the lobby. However, if you didn't have a laptop they had two computers for guest use. The only thing that suprised me is that they didn't have room service or a restaurant in the hotel. Overall, I recommend this place to others and would stay again!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Yakima
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I had three nights booked at a separate hotel and had to add a 4th night but it was full so I ended up at the Hampton Inn. Probably would have preferred to stay all 4 nights there. I'm a fan of free Wi-Fi and the breakfast. Although the buffet breakfasts at Disneyland can be near riots at times and this one had its crowded time also. Overall though, the room, wi-fi, breakfast was roughly $50 less per night, I was closer to the convention center (10-15 minute walk) and could've walked to Disney also. Italian restaurant next door was good, although they could do with about 1/2 the sauce they put on the pasta, holy cow, smothered. When I bring my family I'll definitely consider this property as one of my options.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Calgary, AB
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. It was great, rooms where clean, spacious, nice bathrooms and beds. Close to Disneyland and California Adventure as well as good shopping, cinema and fantastic food!

This hotel is ideal for families, our 2 room suite was large and had 2 tvs as well as there where tons of kids running around. I (22) was the oldest non-parents in the pool everytime I went down there! It was fun though and a had a good experience.

THe only thing that was horrible was the breakfast, nothing healthy (except the big bowl on fruit which was either cantaloupe or cantaloupe), over stirred muffins, bad pastries, over cooked bacon, only had jam for toast and had limited toast. Omeletts may have been good but the line up was long, you could pre order but they where huge! Like wow, huge!

You could drive to huntington beach in approx 40 mins which was fanastic and we took a bus tour that picked us up from our hotel which was awesome. I liked the location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ClassDestroyer
VANCOUVER BC
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was very impressed with how nice the room was and the kindness of the front desk. They were very helpful and the rooms were beautiful. WE had the 1bedroom suites and they were very clean and comfortable and very modern. We were 2 families travelling together with teenagers and children and the hotel fit all our needs. The breakfast was OK. Not too much variety but you have your basic breakfast there and it fills the tummy we did go to IHOP twice in the 5nights that we were there though. The hotel has free wireless and they also have 2 computers that are accessible to all. Nice and affordable restaurants surround the property and for those who dont have a car there is a shuttle for $3 one way to disney which is just a 5min drive away.. if your room faces the parking lot you can see the Disney fireworks! that was a treat. Overall I have to stay Great hotel no complaints and I would highly recomment to anyone and I will sell this one for sure to my customers!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed here with students while attending a choir festival. It was clean and well managed. The students who behaved themselves had a great time.

The girl at the desk wasn't to nice or helpful but all other aspects were excellent except parking. It's pretty impacted but I guess if your across the street from Disneyland you might expect that.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove? Share your experiences!