“Do not book this hotel! Busy, old and outdated.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Scottsdale, az
“Do not book this hotel! Busy, old and outdated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have to apologize because I am the biggest fan of Hampton inn's all over the US. This is definitely the worst Hampton Inn even worse than the one in Albuquerque that was converted from an old Motel 6. I checked in very late and because of my travel agent, had two reservations in which the nice front desk guy cancelled with no issues. Gold star! I am a Hilton gold member and look forward to my vitamin water and trail mix which I was offered. I traveled for business here and it was a very busy hotel since it was close to disneyland. The elevator was dirty, old and broken, the buttons were broken and hanging by a wire to my floor. My room was so outdated I didn't want to touch anything and I couldn't get the air to circulate. The bed was fine and I was only there for a few hours but I couldn't wait to get out. I don't know if I got an old room or what since I read all these good reveiws. Our meeting was at the sheraton a few blocks away...I should of stayed there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grrltechie
MIke S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for filing out our survey. We will use it to refine our overall product. We will share the comments with the management team and relay any new information back to you on updates. We are due for a room remodel in the upcoming months however we will definitely keep you up to date on any news as it comes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Outstanding accommodations! The entire staff does an excellent job of welcoming me and making me feel to home! I like how they recognize their staff for the good work they do, on all shifts of operations! I have stayed at this facility many times and have come to know many of the staff. Traveling for my job can be very stressful, but I look forward to going to my home away from home in the evenings. Many families stay here for vacations while visiting Disney and they always seem very satisfied with their stay, I know this by meeting several at the Ho Tub in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for filing out a review of the stay. We hope to see you again when you make it back to the Anaheim/Garden Grove Area.
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This trip was to visit with the family of my wife's late younger brother who died unexpectedly. While most of the guests were there for the local attractions and amusement park, ours was a somber one. The staff went to great lengths to make our stay comfortable once they found out the nature of our trip. If I ever return to the Garden Grove/Santa Ana area - this would be the first place I would consider!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MIke S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for the kind feedback as we are sorry to hear of your family passing. We please let us know if we can do anything more.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel was very nicely decorated and up to date. Their was a good variety of food for breakfast, plenty of seating room. Appreciated the staffs help in getting my room ready for my stay with my requests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MIke S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for filing out a review and for the awesome feedback. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Burbank, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I would say that this hotel is fine for families and folks that are on a strict budget. The hotel I stayed in in Garden Grove, California was away from the hustle and bustle of the Disneyland traffic and since I drove to Garden Grove from my home in Burbank, California it afforded handy easily accessible parking. The food at the complimentary breakfast was fine and varied. Coffee was good and the pastries were fresh. You pretty much are on your own at this hotel since there are no bellhops and parking attendants. The swimming pool, however, was on the ground floor. In most high rise hotels the pool is usually on the roof or away from the front part of the hotel. The pool in this hotel is located to the left of the entrance but faraway and hidden to be okay. The hotel does not have a restaurant or a coffee shop like Double Tree usually does but it is convenient to restaurants like Outback Steak House or Denny's along Harbor Blvd. Again this is a hotel for those on a budget or with large families.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and filling out a review of your trip. WE always love to get all the feedback we can as we constantly strive to improve our product. We hope to see you again if you decide to make it out for business or leisure. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Well okay...sorta. I booked this hotel thinking I would be closer to a training venue. My bad. Looks like closer to the airport would heve been wiser. That said, clean, safe and usual Hampton standards. Nice room, close to Disneyland (no we didn't...it was a business trip). Close to dining, easy walk. If you travel to the Southland, be advised that driving is an experience similar to Baltimore, Atlanta, Acapulco...in other words belt up and stay to the right. Service was freindly, had a shuttle to the parks and all in all, quite satisfactory.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MIke S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for the awesome feedback and for taking the time to fill out a review of the stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you once again for staying with us.
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We picked this hotel based on previous good reviews we had seen on trip advisor. We found the hotel to be very good with very high standards of cleanliness and service. We were on the fifth floor, facing Disney and were able to see the fireworks from the window. The decor in the rooms could do with being brightened up a bit but they were very clean, comfortable and quiet. We expected to be able to walk to Disney but it was further away than expected so chose to use the hotel's shuttle bus for a charge of $5 per person per day. We were very pleased with this service; the buses arrived on time and the drivers did their best to squeeze everyone on when necessary. Complimentary breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Deborah H
Thank you for the great feedback and for taking the time to fill out a review. We hope you enjoyed your complete stay here at the Hampton as we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,128 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove? Share your experiences!