1,346 results
All reviews waffles front desk parking lot hot items free breakfast bucca di shuttle service fresh fruit kiddie pool convention center breakfast staff every morning would definitely stay here again near disneyland hot tub disney fireworks great place to stay
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was in the Orange/Anaheim area for business and located this property from the website. I didn't realize it was only a few miles from Disney when I booked and was a little worried about the noise when checking in. Judith, the front desk clerk understood my apprehension and did everything she could to get me a room with a refrigerator and king bed away from the noise.

The room was standard Hampton Inn, clean, fairly well kept, with a flat screen TV, desk, and two chairs. One to relax in and one for working. Hampton says they change the bedding between guests in their brochures and at this location the house keeping staff even put a note on the bed stating so. I've never had a dirty bed at any Hampton and this was no exception. My only complaint about the room was that the carpet was starting to fray outside the bathroom door and kept catching on my socks.

The second day of my stay Judith remembered me and asked if everything was okay with the room and provided me with a cookie she had wrapped earlier. With all the kids the refreshments go fast once they are put out. The breakfast at this location was disappointing. The selection is not as extensive as other Hamptons. With so many foreign and vacationing guests being the bread and butter I thought they would provide more, not less choices. The only fruit were apples and even the hot food selection was very limited to scrambled egg omlets, sliced meat, and waffles.The kids made breakfast fun all dressed in costumes and ready for Disney.

The house keeping staff did a great job keeping the room tidy while not disturbing work papers on the desk. The towels and soaps were changed daily.

Check out was easy as a bill was under the door and looked complete including the AAA discount rate. While leaving with my bags the manager stopped to personally ask if I had any issues or problems during my stay. It's kind of nice when the managers take time to ask and ensure that everyone has a pleasant stay whether for business or vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Disney to avoid the noise of the nightly fireworks. The front desk has a local restaurant map with coupons for places in walking distance. Target and Walgreens are half a block away for little things that were forgotten.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Paul T
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Reviewed August 1, 2012

If you are traveling with kids this is the real deal. the hotel has very nice spacious rooms with good bathroom. It´s clean, affordable and it offers you a nice hot breakfast. Disneyland is very near and a lot of restaurants too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Chevy10_10
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your accommodations while staying in the Disneyland area. We appreciate your pleasant comments and look forward to serving you again. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our room was clean, modern and just what we ordered. The free breakfast included eggs and sausage which was nice. The hotel shuttle charged only a nominal fee and made it easy to get to and from Disneyland with three kids even though it would have been quite a long walk if we had to do that. Parking was an extra $12 per day, but it wasn't too bad. They also held $50 on my credit card, which I didn't really love, but it ended up covering the parking and shuttle tickets anyway, so it worked out fine.

The kids loved the pool (which was too cold for my taste), I liked that there was an additiona wading pool for the really little kids, and my husband and I both enjoyed the hot tub! We'd happily stay here again some other time. In fact, we tried to extend our stay this trip, but they were already full.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank JulieHintz
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Came here to stay with a couple of friends because we were going to an event at Disneyland. We have stayed several times before and have had nice experience. The only thing we are always disappointed with is the breakfast. The scrambled eggs are just awful. We try to eat the yogurt or oatmeal but it would be nice to have another fresh made item besides the egg choices. One of my favorite parts is that they play a Disney movie during breakfast. I am a little kid at heart. We try to stay here on our trips but we wish the breakfast would improve.

Room Tip: 1st floor is the best because you don't need to wait for the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RunningBABE_13

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I do regret that you did not find the complimentary breakfast, (scrambled eggs), to your liking. We strive to make all of our guests 100% satisfied and it is clear we were not able to deliver this to you. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. I hope we will get another opportunity to serve you and exceed you expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel obviously sees a lot of use. There were a few places that was visible. The mattresses on the sofa beds were quite flat. There was some paint chipping off in the hallway and stair well. Overall, though, this was a great hotel. The staff were only too happy to move us to a room with a view when requested ( we wanted to see the Disney July 4th fireworks), and all of the hotels staff, including maintenance and maids, were very friendly and polite. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. Oscar, at the front desk, handled all of our questions and requests like a pro. Overall, for the price you pay, it's a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank TrainsPlanesAndCars

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members (Oscar), that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I expect the hotel staff to deliver excellent customer service. I am very pleased that Oscar was able to deliver that to you. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.